Notices

Need advice on buying a Prelude!

Old 02-25-2008, 06:36 AM
testep02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on buying a Prelude!

Hey guys! When I first joined this forum, I was rockin a '95 Turbo Integra. I sold that car to purchase something more reliable and currently have an S-10 Xtreme (I bought it to haul my sport bike to locations that are farther away than I care to ride it). My niece is selling a '94 Prelude with light damage to the left rear quarter panel and trunk lid. Nothing major. The car also needs a clutch as hers is slipping pretty bad. The car has 100,000+ miles on it, but still runs and drives prefect, with the exception of the clutch. I can buy the car today for $500. Anything I need to know about the Prelude or should be looking for? This car is NOT a VTEC. Is this a good deal?
Old 02-25-2008, 07:54 AM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aside from asking about the general maintenance history (timing belt, water pump, etc).. $500 is a really REALLY nice price for that. How many miles are on it? Sounds like it's real low mileage as well.

Buy it, fix it, drive it, or profit
Old 02-25-2008, 10:39 AM
testep02

I think the car is actually showing 125,000 miles. The car was maintained to the highest of standards by the previous owner. Once he wrecked the car and messed up the rear quarter panel and trunk, he parked it and bought a Mercedes. He happens to be my nieces uncle on her mom's side. She got the car from him for $650. She has driven it about 2 months and the clutch has been slowly going out. It definitely has to be replaced now, but she bought the clutch kit for it and it comes with the car. All I have to do is install it, which isn't a big deal at all as I have a garage to work in (it's still pretty cold here). I didn't think it would be a bad deal, just wanted some opinions on what I should be looking for. I've dealt with plenty of B series and K series engines, but never a H series. I don't even think there is a car with an H series in my town. I'll post up some pics if she brings it to me tonight. If not, I'll definitely have some by Wednesday.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:23 AM
ludefreak91

thats a really good buy.