Notices

Good project possible? Looking for advice on where to go here.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:37 PM
95Lude

Default Good project possible? Looking for advice on where to go here.

Ok. New to forum. Let me admit that I know next to nothing about Honda vehicles or engines when it comes to working on them or tuning them. My background has mostly been VW 1.8T engines.

So here is the deal. I have been looking for a new project for a little while. Something that would be a quick street vehicle, while also being drivable. I stumbled upon two different Prelude's. One is a 1992, 5 speed, owner says engine is a JDM H23 VTEC with 50k miles. The owner says that the timing belt broke while he was at an idle at a stop sign turning onto his street. He pushed the car a block home and has not messed with it since. Owner is asking $300 and it comes with a new timing belt. From what I have gathered, probably bent valves. 😕😕

The other car is a 1995 Prelude, automatic. Owner says that it is a 4WS car. Engine has a rod knock. I am thinking the engine would be the H22? Vehicle has 110k. Owner will take $250 cash.

So first of all, for the price, is this a project worth undertaking? If so, which way do I go here? Build the 1992 with the H23 bottom end and the H22 top end? Build the H23 bottom end and H22 top end for the 95 4WS?

Not looking to build a track car or a high HP street car. (At least not yet.... 😎&#128526. Right now I am just looking to build a decent driver that will be reliable.

All help or guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.