Best option for LED/HID upgrade for 5th gen Prelude.

Best option for LED/HID upgrade for 5th gen Prelude.

From my understanding the best option out there for a true upgrade is to retrofit. I am considering a Acura TSX HID retrofit with oem ballasts and projectors. Im just a little concerned about cutting my headlight up, mounting the projector firmly, getting a good weathertight seal on the light, cost and finally light output quality.

Aside from HID bulb color temperature choice, whats the light output like from say an oem 09-12 TSX projector? Is there another car that would have better projectors/ballasts? Obviously I want the brightest light with the best beam cutoff, I mean who doesn't?

My other thought was going LED with an aftermarket set of LED bulbs in my un-modified oem headlights. Has anyone run something like this?
    http://www.xenonhids.com/low-beam-h1...light-kit.html
    Any idea on quality of light from these?

Just lookin for some input on what the best/most cost effective upgrade for my '01 Prelude would be.

Thanks guys,
    Ian
    Last edited by Accordian47; 08-01-17 at 05:12 PM.