Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Prelude (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/prelude-13/)
-   -   How dark are your tints? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/prelude/122985-how-dark-are-your-tints.html)

Pelka 02-08-2004 03:26 AM

How dark are your tints?

I just got 15% on my Lude, looks sweet.

StreetAssassin 02-08-2004 04:26 PM

Thats exactly what i got too, I agree, it does look sweet.

vtecguy2 02-10-2004 04:28 PM

i dont know what i have..but i want DARKER...

ludeboom 02-10-2004 04:51 PM

20% 4 m3

KAUAI KANE 02-10-2004 04:57 PM

on my teg it was 5% all the way around except for the sides which where 20% and on my truck it is double 5% black on the back window and 5% vlack on the sides and on the front 20% (the little strip)

ludeboom 02-10-2004 05:07 PM

i want to get like a light 50 or something on my whole windshield, but i dont think any1 wants to do it for me. and the cops will beat me for that too

:)

~boom

Surfacing171 02-10-2004 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by ludeboom
i want to get like a light 50 or something on my whole windshield, but i dont think any1 wants to do it for me. and the cops will beat me for that too

:)

~boom

I wanted to do that myself, but I was told by a tint shop that it was a federal offense. I dunno if that is true or not :shrugs: I think some people can get their front windshield tinted if they have sorta eye disability. BTW...I have 35% all around on my accord, it looks sweet. :)

Pelka 02-11-2004 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Surfacing171
I wanted to do that myself, but I was told by a tint shop that it was a federal offense. I dunno if that is true or not :shrugs: I think some people can get their front windshield tinted if they have sorta eye disability. BTW...I have 35% all around on my accord, it looks sweet. :)

I heard its legal down south (i.e. Florida, South Carolina). Cuz it gets so hot. Maybe i heard wrong? Tints are strict in Massachusetts i have to watch out for cops with just 15%. :rolleyes:

A_PHOBIA 02-11-2004 11:59 AM

i got a limo tint,its only illegal because it obstructs your vision.in california they are coming down hard on colored tints because they are "gang related" bs.plus its really difficult to do a good tint job your self.

03whiteaccord 02-11-2004 12:02 PM

i have limo on the back 3 windowns of the coupe, and 20% on the sides and 35% on the ENTIRE windshield. its dark as hell

sambo2005 02-11-2004 12:14 PM

35% Windows and 6" banner
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...35_13_full.jpg
I know she's dirty, winter sucks.

TRAVIS91 02-11-2004 02:19 PM

my mom has a 2001 kia rio painted sunburst gold. she has 15% on the side windows and 5% on the rear window. its sweet

ludeboom 02-11-2004 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by sambo2005
35% Windows and 6" banner
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...35_13_full.jpg
I know she's dirty, winter sucks.

wat color is that

~boom

prelude1897 02-12-2004 05:38 PM

I had 5% all around ontop of the factory tint. Damn it was dark, but I got used to it after the first week or two

sambo2005 02-12-2004 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by ludeboom
wat color is that

~boom

2002 Volkswagen blue I think, sorry I don't have a paint code.

ludeboom 02-12-2004 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by sambo2005
2002 Volkswagen blue I think, sorry I don't have a paint code.

yea i saw your sig afterward, thanks for the reply tho :)

~boom

edogg_21 02-12-2004 06:35 PM

My tint...

I have a '95 2 door civic with 5% on the driver side and passenger, 5% on the back, and a 5% brow on my windshield. It use to be illegal in my state (missouri) but the law got all screwed in legislation, so all cops can do now is try to give you a ticket and harass you but as long as you go off about how you checked with your local law enforcement and it's legal they can't do anything. It is illegal however to have the middle of your windshield tinted. I love the darkness cuz no one can see me but i can't back up..period, and at a four way stop i can't see left or right at night, so i just pray peeps have their lights on....it's pretty dangerous but i can't say i would want it changed...

LudeBehavior 02-17-2004 01:14 PM

Damn, the tint shop here would only do 30 on the sides and 15 or lower on the back, so I have 30/15 on mine and it looks pretty good. I wish it were a little darker. Tinting your windshield is illegal in every state unless you have a valid medical reason like supersensitivity to light and you get permission doctors and the state DOT and blah blah blah. Plus it's pretty hard and expensive to tint a windshield Because of the plastic safety layer between the glass layers. They can't heat the window up to apply the tint because it will jack up the plastic layer so they have to use other methods. At least that's what I've been told by a couple of different tint shops.

TRAVIS91 02-18-2004 01:32 PM

re

go to this site right here and that is the color of her car.
http://autopix.homenetinc.com/2001/Kia/RIO.jpg

TRAVIS91 02-18-2004 01:33 PM

none

go to this site here and that is the color of my moms car.
http://autopix.homenetinc.com/2001/Kia/RIO.jpg :eek:

TRAVIS91 02-18-2004 01:35 PM

sry bout adding it twice guys

MTLuda 02-19-2004 05:20 AM

I have 35% all around (besides the windshield) and I have gotten two tickets for it. The second one actually saved me a speeding ticket because the state trooper gave me the option of 77 in a 65, or tint. Needless to say, I chose tint.

Pelka 02-19-2004 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by MTLuda
I have 35% all around (besides the windshield) and I have gotten two tickets for it. The second one actually saved me a speeding ticket because the state trooper gave me the option of 77 in a 65, or tint. Needless to say, I chose tint.

Yea i had a feeling im going to get ticketed for my tints... but im going to roll down windows when i see the cop... but as for the backs ill hope he/she doesnt notice. :rolleyes:

MTLuda 02-19-2004 05:11 PM

Actually Pelka I could be wrong, but I heard that you can make the back windows as dark as you want. It's just the driver and passenger window that have to be a certain percentage (50% here in VA), and less than 6 inches wide along the top of the windshield. Those are the Virginia laws though, which tend to be strict. I had 50% on my last car and it wasn't dark enough. The first time I got pulled, I had my windows down and the bastard told me to put my window up about 6 inches. He slapped the tint meter on my window and about broke it. Then proceeded with a ticket. I also got a ticket for my Thermal exhaust, which was ridiculous.

Pelka 02-19-2004 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by MTLuda
Actually Pelka I could be wrong, but I heard that you can make the back windows as dark as you want. It's just the driver and passenger window that have to be a certain percentage (50% here in VA), and less than 6 inches wide along the top of the windshield. Those are the Virginia laws though, which tend to be strict. I had 50% on my last car and it wasn't dark enough. The first time I got pulled, I had my windows down and the bastard told me to put my window up about 6 inches. He slapped the tint meter on my window and about broke it. Then proceeded with a ticket. I also got a ticket for my Thermal exhaust, which was ridiculous.

LOL Dude that sucks my friend in his new Jetta got his tint ripped off by a Mass Statie, he took a razor to it and told him to get rid of them. He had 5% all around. Yea in Mass 35% is legal on the backs, the front passenger and drivers side cant be less than 35% either. So its 35% all around to be legal. I have yet to see this tint meter. And that ticket on the exhaust is ridiculous, i bet soon cops will carry a decibel meter like a IASCA competition. :chuckles: