Notices

Guitar and Cross Part 2

Old 03-20-2005, 07:16 PM
azn_redneck
Live Free Or Die

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Guitar and Cross Part 2

Other thread is probably dead (low traffic forum, you know). Here is the sequel. Still backlit, but the light source has been moved to behind the guitar headstock. The first version was also frontlit with a photoflood bounced off an umbrella. This one was only lit from behind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
taylor950bw_s.jpg (82.2 KB, 26 views)
Old 03-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Looks a lot better than the last one.

Now the only complaint is that you need to iron the backdrop and find a way to make it blend in a bit better...more lighting work for you

The clarity on that guitar head is fukking gorgeous though.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:08 PM
azn_redneck
Live Free Or Die

Originally Posted by Nightshade
Looks a lot better than the last one.

Now the only complaint is that you need to iron the backdrop and find a way to make it blend in a bit better...more lighting work for you

The clarity on that guitar head is fukking gorgeous though.
Doh...the backdrop is a sheet taped to the wall. I need to get further away so the background will go completely dark, but if I pull everything back, the ceiling (and the blue masking tape holding the sheet to the wall) will be visible in the shot. Maybe if I do it right, I can clone out the ceiling and tape. I guess it never ends...
Old 03-22-2005, 04:57 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Originally Posted by azn_redneck
Doh...the backdrop is a sheet taped to the wall. I need to get further away so the background will go completely dark, but if I pull everything back, the ceiling (and the blue masking tape holding the sheet to the wall) will be visible in the shot. Maybe if I do it right, I can clone out the ceiling and tape. I guess it never ends...
Just d a bracketed shot which will take a shot at over exposed, norma exposure, and underexposed. Then mesh the background from one shot to the other.

You said you were lighting it from behind, may I ask why? Seems bouncing it from the front may be the solution to your woes.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:25 PM
azn_redneck
Live Free Or Die

Originally Posted by Nightshade
Just d a bracketed shot which will take a shot at over exposed, norma exposure, and underexposed. Then mesh the background from one shot to the other.

You said you were lighting it from behind, may I ask why? Seems bouncing it from the front may be the solution to your woes.
I was trying to get kind of a glowing effect from backlighting the scene. I also took some shots using front lighting only, but they came out kind of dull. The backlit shots turned out more interesting.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:24 PM
GenXer
Registered Honda user

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...and you used a decent guitar too.