Notices

A rose

Old 08-22-2004, 02:27 PM
axemansean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A rose

Still trying to perfect the art... learning as I go along.

Old 08-22-2004, 02:55 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice... my version h:

Old 08-27-2004, 06:43 PM
dazco

Nice. What camera ya got sean?
Old 08-28-2004, 09:50 AM
axemansean

Originally Posted by dazco
Nice. What camera ya got sean?
Fuji Finepix S5000. Good starter camera, I am kinda getting beyonds its capabilities.
Old 08-28-2004, 03:48 PM
dazco

I don't know anything about that model, but what i'm finding is that i've begun to wish i had more manual control. i assume like my Canon S400, yours is probably a point and shoot too, no? Mine has some manual control, but now that i'm getting better i find i wish it had more. But even with the few it has it's amazing how much more you can get out of it when you set it to manual and set things yourself instead of letting the camera do it. thats where i am, and it sounds like you're there too.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:21 PM
axemansean

Originally Posted by dazco
I don't know anything about that model, but what i'm finding is that i've begun to wish i had more manual control. i assume like my Canon S400, yours is probably a point and shoot too, no? Mine has some manual control, but now that i'm getting better i find i wish it had more. But even with the few it has it's amazing how much more you can get out of it when you set it to manual and set things yourself instead of letting the camera do it. thats where i am, and it sounds like you're there too.
Mine has full manual mode but its not the good old use the camera lens ring to focus. I have an Olympus OM10 film camera that I use a lot, I just need something that is like the Olympus but does digital pictures.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:18 PM
b00gers

Too bad that camera doesn't have a better macro mode. I think it is really keeping you from "getting closer".

With a picture like that, it is nice to get the background to be a little more blurry. If you are open to more helpful criticism, post the EXIF information. (Shutter speed, ISO, F-stop....) Windows XP makes it really easy. Just right click - properties - Summary - Advanced.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:41 PM
dazco

Also, macro requires a DEAD steady camera. On mine i can get it to lock the settings it auto adjusts, then set it to a short timer mode so my hands are off. I've gotten some pretty good macros like that.

Mine has full manual mode but its not the good old use the camera lens ring to focus. I have an Olympus OM10 film camera that I use a lot, I just need something that is like the Olympus but does digital pictures.
They got em if you got the cash ! (too much for my wallet)
Old 09-01-2004, 01:32 PM
axemansean

Originally Posted by WiLL
Too bad that camera doesn't have a better macro mode. I think it is really keeping you from "getting closer".

With a picture like that, it is nice to get the background to be a little more blurry. If you are open to more helpful criticism, post the EXIF information. (Shutter speed, ISO, F-stop....) Windows XP makes it really easy. Just right click - properties - Summary - Advanced.
I couldn't find the EXIF info... maybe I am stupid.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:17 PM
sinthetiq

Originally Posted by axemansean
Fuji Finepix S5000. Good starter camera, I am kinda getting beyonds its capabilities.
how so?