Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

Congrats President Obama

Old 11-05-2008, 05:06 AM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congrats President Obama

Ciongrats President Obama. We have a new sheriff
Old 11-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

Feels good to have respect once more for someone leading the country.

:usa: :usa: :usa:
Old 11-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Tark

If i saw him i'd be like congrats Ninja :hi5:
Old 11-05-2008, 11:40 AM
thomas
pew pew pew

president-elect actually he not pres yet
Old 11-05-2008, 01:48 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since I was edited out, I'll share my thoughts h:

All the young exstatic people screaming for him made me a little worried. I'm afraid that people are being to naive about the election, assuming that Obama will ride into the white house on his flying deLorean and fix everything. I don't think I've ever seen a campaign where both sides promised so much they that they must've known wasn't really possible. He's got a massive job ahead of him, and I hope he's up to the task. My gut instinct is that he will have a lot to own up to in 4 years.

That said, the important thing is that he's been given the opportunity, and I wish him the best of luck. For the first time in my voting carreer I actually picked a winner, and moreover, so did my state.

:edit: Another positive note: he will undoubtedly change the perception of America to the rest of the world in a postive way, and in terms of international relations, I'm hoping he can rebuild some of the bridges W burned.

Last edited by white_n_slow; 11-05-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:08 AM
gingas

Yeah, I know he's not yet until Jan 28th but can't stand Bush. Besides I like that sound anyway President Obama.
He know it's going to be a long road ahead. The country been screwed for the last 8 yrs & we couldn't deal with another 4 yrs of a Republican in office.
Not sure who else feel this way.IMO don't think 911 or war would've happened if Gore had beed elected President thanks to what Bush's brother did in FLA.
Just my Opinion.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:59 AM
cobbcustomz

Originally Posted by gingas
Yeah, I know he's not yet until Jan 28th but can't stand Bush. Besides I like that sound anyway President Obama.
He know it's going to be a long road ahead. The country been screwed for the last 8 yrs & we couldn't deal with another 4 yrs of a Republican in office.
Not sure who else feel this way.IMO don't think 911 or war would've happened if Gore had beed elected President thanks to what Bush's brother did in FLA.
Just my Opinion.
9/11 wouldnt have happened if Clinton took care of BinLaden when he had the chance.....
Old 11-06-2008, 10:42 AM
å
åhhhhh

Originally Posted by cobbcustomz
9/11 wouldnt have happened if Clinton took care of BinLaden when he had the chance.....
9/11 wouldnt have happened if Bush sr. didn't create binladen in the first place.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:06 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by white_n_slow
Since I was edited out, I'll share my thoughts h:

All the young exstatic people screaming for him made me a little worried. I'm afraid that people are being to naive about the election, assuming that Obama will ride into the white house on his flying deLorean and fix everything. I don't think I've ever seen a campaign where both sides promised so much they that they must've known wasn't really possible. He's got a massive job ahead of him, and I hope he's up to the task. My gut instinct is that he will have a lot to own up to in 4 years.

That said, the important thing is that he's been given the opportunity, and I wish him the best of luck. For the first time in my voting carreer I actually picked a winner, and moreover, so did my state.

:edit: Another positive note: he will undoubtedly change the perception of America to the rest of the world in a postive way, and in terms of international relations, I'm hoping he can rebuild some of the bridges W burned.

Fucking werd,
a friend of mine said it best, "Obama is not a superhero. Realize this. He will not save you from yourself."

As for the whole 9/11, pointing fingers on whose at fault, if it would have happened, that's another problem.... speculations, get over it... focus on fixing the now instead of what should have happened then.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Originally Posted by RicoD
Fucking werd,
a friend of mine said it best, "Obama is not a superhero. Realize this. He will not save you from yourself."
That's Obama's biggest threat: People being ignorant of what he can and cannot do.

He is a brilliant organizer who can pull the best out of people. If you watched how his campaign was run you'll see parallels to how his presidency is likely to be run. I think his abilities will transition well to the white house.