Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

So Obama was in town last night v. manwithgunarrested

Old 08-30-2008, 04:11 PM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Werd, if he had a permit to carry and we wasn't in a government building or school grounds then he was arrested for no good reason. Doesn't say that he presented his permit when he was approached though.

I guess there is a bunch of guys that openly carry in NH and they have a picnic every few months during the year while open carrying in a public place just to express their right to the public and show that they have the right to do so and that there is no reason to be afraid. There always "happens" to be police monitoring them though.
theres an event like that local to me ... cept they meet once or twice a month. theres been numerous occasions of people freaking and getting pissy at them and the police for not arresting them but the police back them

these people meet to advocate and share with the general public, they have grillouts and invite people to ocme and talk and learn about what rights people really have

black ... neanderthal

same thing

... yea bring on the warning points
Old 08-30-2008, 04:22 PM
ShaolinLueb

cause bringing a gun to a presidential rally is a good idea lucky secret service didnt catch him first.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:25 PM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

Originally Posted by ShaolinLueb
cause bringing a gun to a presidential rally is a good idea lucky secret service didnt catch him first.
he didnt bring a gun to a rally

he was in a public park outside the rally itself from what i read, theres nothing illegal about that as long as he has his permit if he's concealed and/or if he was open carrying that his state allows it.

if i was this guy i'd hire the best lawyer i could afford and go after the city with everything i had.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Joe

Honda-Acura-Guns.net

:shake:
Old 08-30-2008, 06:39 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a full supporter of the second amendment, but I side with the cops on this one... Arrest this guy, yeah, it sucks, and you'll probably piss some people off... But you can't take risks around high-profile political figures. Arrest him, no harm no foul... If he's a nut job, then Obama is dead and the whole world has some more anti-gun fodder to throw around.

I agree with him in principal, but not in execution.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:06 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by white_n_slow
:edit: holy shit, it says beaver in bold across the top of that article
'tis the county I live in... :rick:
Old 08-30-2008, 09:30 PM
ShaolinLueb

i am totally for owning your own gun, but there are certain places you dont bring them cause you can get in trouble,. ie president rally's, outside them etc. having common sense and expecting your constitutional rights to be fufilled are 2 different things, i have the freedom of speach but i cant yell fire in a movie theater.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:45 AM
useless
i like cheese

If he has all the proper permits then i see no problem with him having a gun in areas where it's legal to carry.

However, he should have had his permits or at least a copy of them with him. It was pretty dumb of him to do this while Obama is in town and not cover his ass.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:52 AM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

Originally Posted by useless
If he has all the proper permits then i see no problem with him having a gun in areas where it's legal to carry.

However, he should have had his permits or at least a copy of them with him. It was pretty dumb of him to do this while Obama is in town and not cover his ass.
Where does it say he didn't have it on his person? The only thing it says is that "It wasn’t clear late Friday whether Noble had a valid permit." That's news jargon for they didn't confirm it's validity.

I'm surprised some of you are okay with someone being arrested for not committing any crime. :ugh:
Old 08-31-2008, 12:57 AM
A-series
v-card member alpha

Originally Posted by white_n_slow

I agree with him in principal, but not in execution.
Same here. I'm no hardcore gun enthusiast, but people do have the right and therefore there's nothing wrong with it, as long as one conducts themselves intelligently.
However, it seems stupid to do that anywhere near a presidential candidate, especially a confirmed nominee. Secret service agents don't need any more potential distractions.