Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.
View Poll Results: Front wheel drives with rear spoilers???
Great Perfomance upgrade for Your daily driver FWD?
12.50%
Bad Idea for your daily driver FWD?
25.00%
Race spoiler wing is for circuit and track race use only!?!
62.50%
Helpful for dragrace for traction and times for weekend racers?
0%
Slows you down in a dragrace?
12.50%
Improves the looks or overall appearance?
37.50%
Does not improve the looks or overall appearance?
25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

To End the Confusion about FWDs with large spoiler wings?!?

Old 02-26-2008, 07:33 AM
KarrNtegGSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow To End the Confusion about FWDs with large spoiler wings?!?

To end the confusion about FWD’s with large spoiler wings?!?

Is it a bad idea to put a large racing style rear spoiler on your daily driver front wheel drive Honda/Acura Civic, Del Sol, Integra, RSX, TSX, CL, TL, CRX, Accord, Fit, and Prelude? Does it help Improve performance, handling, and down force in every day driving situation? And does improve the appearance and make it appealing to your fellow car enthusiasts?

-OR-

Should you save the wing for a time when your able to have a secondary car for racing circuit, and track like race conditions with corners? And when trying to find that perfect apex threw a slalom, or corner?

How can a large rear wing help you with drag racing "or!"can it slow you down in a drag race?

Please explain why or why not for every question's anwser in detail?
Attached Thumbnails To End the Confusion about FWDs with large spoiler wings?!?-integra-pro-racing.jpg   To End the Confusion about FWDs with large spoiler wings?!?-ricer-wing.jpg   To End the Confusion about FWDs with large spoiler wings?!?-integra-pro-racing-2.jpg   To End the Confusion about FWDs with large spoiler wings?!?-ricer.jpg   To End the Confusion about FWDs with large spoiler wings?!?-rsx-pro-racecar.jpg  

Last edited by KarrNtegGSR; 02-26-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:42 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on the wing and the physical conditions...I would hope you would know that aerodynamics isn't just about putting a big wing on a car. If the wing isn't tested in a wind tunnel for your specific vehicle it's almost guaranteed to be trash. Generally undercar aerodynamics are a lot more important below 150mph.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:25 AM
KarrNtegGSR

Agreed, I believe it's best you should steer away form the large race wings for your daily driver. Becuase it's likely it is slowing you down rather than helping. Even if it is aligned right and wind tunnel tested. It won't help your daily driver FWD until you hit speeds that are not legal and will kill you if wreck. And it may appear to others as a stereotyped Ricer.

Again agreed, a front spoiler splitter or in my integra's case a oem style type R front spoiler lip maybe more effective for better downforce on the drive wheels. As long as it is set up right and ground clearance is not a problem.

Last edited by KarrNtegGSR; 02-26-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:28 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually felt a noticeable difference in stability above 70MPH with my Honda OEM front underspoiler with my 6th gen Accord...especially when it got ripped off. Personally I would never buy any body kits or wings that aren't OEM, but thats because I believe in function over form.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:07 AM
KarrNtegGSR

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
I actually felt a noticeable difference in stability above 70MPH with my Honda OEM front underspoiler with my 6th gen Accord...especially when it got ripped off. Personally I would never buy any body kits or wings that aren't OEM, but thats because I believe in function over form.
Dude I think we are eye to eye, or on the same page for sure. I am a huge fan of funtion over looks, or sleeper before "race inspired," looking show car.

Last edited by KarrNtegGSR; 02-27-2008 at 10:31 AM.