Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   On Topic (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/on-topic-99/)
-   -   Heated discussion again? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/on-topic/257753-heated-discussion-again.html)

CRAIGHIMSELF 12-14-2006 07:42 AM

Heated discussion again?

This deals with the death penalty.

You have to love quotes like this: "They had to execute him twice," Mark Elliot said. "If Floridians could witness the pain and the agony of the executed man's family, they would end the death penalty."

Frankly, I could give a rats ass about his family. What about the victimes family?? Nobody brings that up do they? However, nobody even talks about how this man MURDERED someone previously. Gotta love it.

Discuss your opinion both pro/con.

e3NiNe 12-14-2006 07:44 AM

(moved to on-topic)

RicoD 12-14-2006 07:45 AM

Some people just deserve to die for the crimes they commit, they are unsafe to be around law abiding citizens, maybe there is a chance they can turn their lives around, but seriously, I'd rather not take that chance :oh:

reno96teg 12-15-2006 06:34 AM

"They had to execute him twice,"
how exactly can you execute someone twice? fucking idiot.

fjm1 12-15-2006 07:16 AM

More executions = less taxes

DVPGSR 12-15-2006 10:04 AM

I think the death penalty serves as a deterent to more crime. So the guy might have suffered a bit...it is still less than what happened to his victim.

qtiger 12-15-2006 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by fjm1 (Post 3275971)
More executions = less taxes

Execution costs as much and sometimes more than life in prison.

Originally Posted by DVPGSR (Post 3276429)
I think the death penalty serves as a deterent to more crime. So the guy might have suffered a bit...it is still less than what happened to his victim.

Yeah, let them suffer. The constitution shouldn't apply whenever we feel like being petty and vengeful. The court of public opinion is so much more important than the court of law, after all.

CRAIGHIMSELF 12-15-2006 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by DVPGSR (Post 3276429)

THANK YOU.

And the reasons why executions cost more is due to the APPEAL process that takes years and years and years of taxpayers money. We all know damn right it cost way more to keep someone ALIVE for 60 years than it is to kill them off in 5.

redgoober4life 12-16-2006 09:19 AM

I always get a big chuckle over Christians supporting the death penalty. Talk about conflict of interests...

DVPGSR 12-16-2006 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by redgoober4life (Post 3277555)
I always get a big chuckle over Christians supporting the death penalty. Talk about conflict of interests...

What I find funny is that people on the left oppose the death penatly for killers but favor abortions...