Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

Allen concedes — dems sweep both houses

Old 11-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Duff Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Allen concedes — dems sweep both houses

Ah!...what a horrible time for me to not have the internets....just got wired up in my new place today and now I can use the google! :awais:

With that said, the gov is now back in the hands of the people. I've missed out on so many of these great discussions and I'm pleased to be the one to first announce the senate dem sweep on han h:

....and just an FYI, I noticed a lot of people complaining that taxes will go up. This is false unless your president raises them. This argument will not work on a federal level unless Bush does not veto a tax raise.

Regardless, now we have watch dogs instead of lap dogs on the hill. I'm very pleased and very excited to see what first steps take place.

Then again, I could just be a damn macaca :joshers:
Old 11-10-2006, 05:10 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally Posted by Duff Man
Regardless, now we have watch dogs instead of lap dogs on the hill. I'm very pleased and very excited to see what first steps take place.

they're all lap dogs to whatever special interest or corporate lobbyist has them in their pocket this week (wether they're democrat or republican is irrelevant). to think otherwise is extremely naive.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:24 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by Bl@ck
they're all lap dogs to whatever special interest or corporate lobbyist has them in their pocket this week (wether they're democrat or republican is irrelevant). to think otherwise is extremely naive.
:werd: And to further expand on this...

With that said, the gov is now back in the hands of the people.
It is not back in the hands of the people, congress just changed hands from one political party to the other that is beholden to a different set of special interests.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Duff Man

bah...lick your wounds...LOL

Yeah I know and I agree. But I also feel that things will finaly check and balance. It's just like 94 when gintritch and clinton battled it out. I just hope that Bush will comprimise like clinton did with congress.

IMO, a small part of me wishes that both houses went to the right for two more years. I can only imagine what massive destruction these guy's would have let on. No one in the US would vote republican for decades. And I wish we voted in December....I can only imagine how bad both houses would have looked as another week passed.....and another...and another — another gay republican! and another! and another!....another one that had ties to Abramof....and another that took a bribe from someone else!....

Last edited by Duff Man; 11-10-2006 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:52 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

bah...lick your wounds...LOL

Yeah I know and I agree. But I also feel that things will finaly check and balance. It's just like 94 when gintritch and clinton battled it out. I just hope that Bush will comprimise like clinton did with congress.

IMO, a small part of me wishes that both houses went to the right for two more years. I can only imagine what massive destruction these guy's would have let on. No one in the US would vote republican for decades. And I wish we voted in December....I can only imagine how bad both houses would have looked as another week passed.....and another...and another — another gay republican! and another! and another!....another one that had ties to Abramof....and another that took a bribe from someone else!....
Had the media focused equal time to Democratic scandals as it did Republican things might have been different. Imagine if Reggie Jefferson wasa Repubican how he would have been lambasted in the press for weeks.

I agree though, it was better to get our asses kicked now than in '08. Now the Democrats have to actually put plans in place, simply bitching about the Republican's plans is not going to be enough.

Let's see how long the honeymoon lasts between Pelosi and Bush, I have to admit she has been very gracious in victory, something I did not expect.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Duff Man

so basically, if the media focused on the dems more, we've got one. One compared to how many? And besides the point but a few stacks of bills in a freezer when compared to underage sex scandals and ripping off indians?

I don't think the parties compare when it comes down to corruption.

Speaking of, sorry California....I can't believe you guy's voted for the most corrupt governor in the history of this country. Now I get to look at his sell out face in all of these gd california ads. How much cash did he get again? Ironically right before elections? ugh...makes me sick.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:01 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

so basically, if the media focused on the dems more, we've got one. One compared to how many? And besides the point but a few stacks of bills in a freezer when compared to underage sex scandals and ripping off indians?

I don't think the parties compare when it comes down to corruption.

Speaking of, sorry California....I can't believe you guy's voted for the most corrupt governor in the history of this country. Now I get to look at his sell out face in all of these gd california ads. How much cash did he get again? Ironically right before elections? ugh...makes me sick.
Andy I sometimeswonder where you get your information because you are either very gullable or drink lots of Kool Aid.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:30 PM
benjamin
Stuff and things.

I don't know anything about Schwarzenneger being corrupt, but any Republican who supports him is no longer allowed to make mention of Clinton's personal moral failures. I mean, come on!
Old 11-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

He's no better than the person that Arnold's party paid millions, and forced the CA government to pay millions for a special election, replaced. It's a sad state of affairs

Back on topic: At least it looks like the net neutrality bill will make it through now!