Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

Going back to Honda

Old 10-11-2006, 10:55 PM
ihartmacz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going back to Honda

I miss my Civic...

I really do. The ZX2 is great, don't get me wrong...

But the Civic just had this weird thing about it. Like I could throw anything at it and it'd still be there andstillr eady to give me 600,000 more miles of service and all it would ask is a coolant flush, oil, gas, and timing belts.

The Zx2 is quicker, but, I feel guilty about high revs, going more than 60, and using the A/C. Where as the Honda was more confident about going 80mph... 6500PMS? My Honda was more than happy to do 7200 in any gear as long as the automattic would shift.

My Zx2 also lacks some personallity. It's hard to describe, but i miss the enginuity my Honda Civic had. From just looking at the car; you knew it was a Honda Civic and you knew the person who was lucky enough to own it had something good going for them.

From driving a manual I feel as though I appreciate what a car is doing for me, what is really going on, and how things are working. Now - the ZX2 is doing all of these things right... But, the Civic just did them better and with much more elegance and sophistication than the ZX2.

My ZX2 has a Mazda heart and soul; where as my Civic was an all Honda experience. From just touching the steering wheel I got a chilling experience - It was a conservative interior with a very liberal outside design that would say "Hey! This is a Honda."

So I've decided. I'm going to get another Honda. This car, hopfully, will last me a while. I used to say I'd never buy another Honda Civic. I am very much mistaken. I knew it was a good car... I could just not bring my self to stick with it.

I'll drive the Zx2 throgh the winter and get a Honda this spring.

This is what I'm looing for: 1995+ Honda Civic LX or EX with 1.6L VTEC.
AUTO or Manual - I don't realy care anymore. Manuals are still much better though.

To be honest though - I don't really mind automattics anymore. I used to hate them for being slow and not being as eificcient (torque converters are like a slipping clutch all the time). But, now I kinda think they're an example of modern enginuity... I mean a Mercades Benz has a suck' 7speed auto... where as I wouldnt want to be shifting that much...

I guess I'm just venting...

Question: My Civic EX had a pretty firm ride.. What are some more comfortable struts that I could get? I want my next Honda to feel like my friends Buick.