Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

No Backbone...

Old 09-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Duff Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Backbone...

A buddy sent me this:

The Taliban are regrouping in Afghanistan....Whatever could you mean???

....I wouldn't have known here in the US, but apparently ony the REST of the WORLD is entitled to such tantalizing cover stories....

Newsweek covers for the week of Oct 2 2006....

Liberal media in the US??? Give me a break....more like patsys for the administration....I wonder why they are sooo scared to place such stories on the cover....I didn't know they brought Goebbels back to life....
Old 09-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Duff Man

link: http://www.newsweek.co.uk/id/14975282/site/newsweek/
Old 09-29-2006, 10:52 AM
reno96teg

they're a patsys for the admin, yet right on the front page you see a link to that cover, and that article. then, just under that, you see a link to another article with the headline, "Terror Watch: How Bush Spun Terror Intel"..

yeah, patsys for the admin. :rofl:

did you ever stop to think that maybe the rest of the world just doesn't give a crap about Annie Leibovitz?
Old 09-29-2006, 12:16 PM
MellowGold

Originally Posted by reno96teg
did you ever stop to think that maybe the rest of the world just doesn't give a crap about Annie Leibovitz?
Or, conversely, America doesn't care about Afganistan?
Old 09-29-2006, 12:25 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Andy I gotta give you credit for trying but to claim there is no liberal bias because of one cover picture is fruitless.

As for Afghanistan let the Taliban regroup, it will be all the more easy to find them. I mean, lets face it. The rest of the world and a large majority of Americans are getting softer on the threat of terrorism...this is what the Bush doctrine has caused do to its prevention of large scale terror attacks around the world by going on offense militarily rather than using law enforcement defensively. The more we fight and the more we kill in both Iraq and Afghanistan the more we will break the back of the terrorists. Couple that with helping these people better there lives and we have a winning strategy...even if it takes a whole generation.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:28 PM
reno96teg

Originally Posted by MellowGold
Or, conversely, America doesn't care about Afganistan?
certainly. it's pretty clear that americans love celebrity gossip and other such nonsense, so why wouldn't they rather read about a photog of the celebs, over the happenings in afghanistan?
Old 10-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Duff Man

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
this is what the Bush doctrine has caused do to its prevention of large scale terror attacks around the world by going on offense militarily rather than using law enforcement defensively. The more we fight and the more we kill in both Iraq and Afghanistan the more we will break the back of the terrorists.
So what your telling me, by creating chaotic scenarios in regions that have once been peacefull....by destroying cities that once employed, by destroying employment, creating jobless young people....by destroying jobs that the taliban will employ for food, wonderfull benefits, large sums of money, only to kill more americans, is better then the Iraq region 4 years ago?

IMO, I would rather take a job with al qaeda...I'm a poor Iraqi kid, my father was killed in battle, I ran a restaurant that now lays in ruble, and these guys are offering food, shelter, a lot of money, and a chance to survive. "God is great" sounds pretty fucking good.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:51 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by Duff Man
So what your telling me, by creating chaotic scenarios in regions that have once been peacefull....by destroying cities that once employed, by destroying employment, creating jobless young people....by destroying jobs that the taliban will employ for food, wonderfull benefits, large sums of money, only to kill more americans, is better then the Iraq region 4 years ago?

IMO, I would rather take a job with al qaeda...I'm a poor Iraqi kid, my father was killed in battle, I ran a restaurant that now lays in ruble, and these guys are offering food, shelter, a lot of money, and a chance to survive. "God is great" sounds pretty fucking good.
Yes.

The reason we won WWII is by completely demoralizing and defeating our enemies. Germany tried to surrender to just the Americans and British to fight the Russians but Eisenhower would only accept a complete and total surrender. With Japan it took two atomic bombs to force them to surrender. We have not yet reached that point in the War on Terror.

A recently captured letter from an Al Qaeda leader in Iraq clearly stated that gathering new recruits was tough because the life we have given them is better than being a suicide bomber. We have spent millions on improving their infrastructure, creating jobs, building schools and hospitals and creating a better life in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

The best way to embolden the terrorists would be to pull out of either country. That would be viewed as a major win for the terrorists and be a huge rallying cry and recruitment drive. We need to break the terrorists backs, not embolden them.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Duff Man

Yes.

The reason we won WWII is by completely demoralizing and defeating our enemies. Germany tried to surrender to just the Americans and British to fight the Russians but Eisenhower would only accept a complete and total surrender. With Japan it took two atomic bombs to force them to surrender. We have not yet reached that point in the War on Terror.
And unfortunetly, we have neo-cons like Dick Clark, Dick Perle, Bill Kristol, and a huge handfull of others that sit there and argue wich country we sould bomb first...not even thinking about the consequences it will cause for the rest of the planet.

A recently captured letter from an Al Qaeda leader in Iraq clearly stated that gathering new recruits was tough because the life we have given them is better than being a suicide bomber. We have spent millions on improving their infrastructure, creating jobs, building schools and hospitals and creating a better life in both Iraq and Afghanistan.
Who disclosed this letter? I call BS. Statistics show that this war is recruiting more terrorists then that of which it's preventing. This is current evidence and it's been handed over to the Bush administration.

The best way to embolden the terrorists would be to pull out of either country. That would be viewed as a major win for the terrorists and be a huge rallying cry and recruitment drive. We need to break the terrorists backs, not embolden them.
The best way to end this chaos is to have a plan...something we all have yet to see.

We need a state system, an equal division of funding as far as oil revenue goes, and a structured government group that includes equal members from shia, shite, and kurdish states. Once this is established, we start bringing our kids home.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:36 AM
fjm1
G35

Originally Posted by Duff Man

The best way to end this chaos is to have a plan...something we all have yet to see.

We need a state system, an equal division of funding as far as oil revenue goes, and a structured government group that includes equal members from shia, shite, and kurdish states. Once this is established, we start bringing our kids home.
Ahhh, the Utopian vision......Horn o' Plenty for every man, woman, and child in the Middle East. Peace, Love, and the Dove.

Pull you head out of the sand and smell the blood for oil.

We're there for the loooooong haul. Even if American troops begin a draw down it is only because we've got a puppet dictator in place and a U.S. supplied and trained Iraqi force.

Funny thing is though, Iran was U.S. trained and funded once upon a time....

I just realized this has very little to do with the origional thread, sorry for the hijack.

On-Topic Response: Who cares about Afganistan! It's "under the radar"...

Last edited by fjm1; 10-04-2006 at 07:39 AM. Reason: ADD