Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

For those of us [i]Left...[/i]

Old 09-14-2006, 05:04 AM
reno96teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those of us [i]Left...[/i]

http://www.nypost.com/business/whiff...n_mainelli.htm

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...fs-franken.php

:chuckles:
Old 09-14-2006, 09:11 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

I know...so sad.

But when you come down and think of it the left already owns all the major newspapers and magazines, they own all network (ABC, CBS, NBC) and the most cable (MSNBC, CNN) news channels so don't you think it is a little overkill for them. The right has the Wall Street Journal, FOX News, and talk radio.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:16 AM
reno96teg

exactly. although they would disagree, the left already has large enough representation.

btw, can you imagine the mainstream coverage if a righty media outlet was responsible for the following?
And then there's the matter of the $875,000 the network owes to the Gloria Wise Boys and Girls Club. As has been extensively covered on right-wing blogs, Cohen convinced the nonprofit club—he sat on the board—to OK a massive interest-free loan to keep the network afloat in its early days. When news of the arrangement broke—liberal radio net steals from poor kids!—Air America agreed to repay the loan in full, and the New York City Department of Investigation started looking into the propriety of the transaction.

Air America says the money is in an escrow account controlled by its lawyers, who have been instructed by the DOI to wait until their investigation is complete before transferring it back to the Boys and Girls Club. But neither Jack Kiley, an attorney for the Boys and Girls Club, nor Emily Gest, a spokeswoman for the DOI, could confirm that the escrow account actually exists. Asked whether she was certain that Air America had indeed deposited the funds in an escrow account, Gest would only say, "The Department of Investigation expects Air America to uphold its commitments to repay the victims of this scheme." Kiley says that a small portion of the loan has been repaid, and he expects that the remainder is forthcoming.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:55 PM
Duff Man

It just proves that corporate conglomeration owns the media. And it proves nothing to the future existence to Air America Radio. It is still new. Any new station will get abuse before it thrives. This proves nothing as far as the future existence to AAR.

This is nothing new BTW, the have been attacked by other media sources since day one....worse then this.

And they have just brough on "the Young Turks" who has millions of listeners. A change up in an administration...huh...sounds familiar.