Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

No Honda V8 or RWD, unless...

Old 06-21-2002, 11:10 AM
integboi220

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would u rather have a V8 in the next NSX and RL or would u rather have a IMA V6 combo in the next NSX and RL
Old 06-21-2002, 12:07 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by integboi220
would u rather have a V8 in the next NSX and RL or would u rather have a IMA V6 combo in the next NSX and RL
I'd imagine with the IMA V6 itll be an AWD system of sorts, while the V8's would be RWD.

Lets put it this way, how many luxury sedans are RWD V8? How about sports cars? Now, how many of them have an IMA V6 system? Thought so. I'm really warming up to that idea tell you the truth.
Old 06-21-2002, 01:08 PM
s2ktonv

Originally posted by yianni64

I'd imagine with the IMA V6 itll be an AWD system of sorts, while the V8's would be RWD.

Lets put it this way, how many luxury sedans are RWD V8? How about sports cars? Now, how many of them have an IMA V6 system? Thought so. I'm really warming up to that idea tell you the truth.

not meh:
Old 06-21-2002, 01:44 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by s2ktonv

not meh:
Can you explain a lil bit instead of just whoring?

The benifits of a V8 are as many as those of a V6 IMA system IMHO.
Old 06-21-2002, 03:51 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am as well..the idea intrigues me, a 2nd gen NSX that has more power, more stability, and gets 50 MPG than the original. That amazes me. As far as the RL...The prestige factor is the big thing. American consumers hear 8 cylinders and they say "wow". 6 cylinders? Of course it can't be as powerful. But as our good friend San Sugiyama said, it's such low production it would be pointless. Honda is not in it to make people think higher of them than they really are (a la Toyota). I used to clamor for a V8 and couldnt imagine an RL/NSX without one...but with the DNX concept, I see a V6 and IMA being a very, very real possibility.

Zishan...dont speak of things you have no idea about, please. The LS6 is very powerful and fuel efficient but is not good with emissions and uses skip gears and a HUGELY tall 6th to achieve its mileage.
Old 06-21-2002, 04:28 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by 02RSXTYPES

I am as well..the idea intrigues me, a 2nd gen NSX that has more power, more stability, and gets 50 MPG than the original. That amazes me. As far as the RL...The prestige factor is the big thing. American consumers hear 8 cylinders and they say "wow". 6 cylinders? Of course it can't be as powerful. But as our good friend San Sugiyama said, it's such low production it would be pointless. Honda is not in it to make people think higher of them than they really are (a la Toyota). I used to clamor for a V8 and couldnt imagine an RL/NSX without one...but with the DNX concept, I see a V6 and IMA being a very, very real possibility.

Zishan...dont speak of things you have no idea about, please. The LS6 is very powerful and fuel efficient but is not good with emissions and uses skip gears and a HUGELY tall 6th to achieve its mileage.
Same with me, I thought if Honda didnt shove a V8 in the RL and NSX itll all be over for them. But the RL is really in a market of its own, i cant think of any other large fwd V6 luxury cars. What i mean is it can carve a real niche for itself.

As for the NSX, everybody else has a V8 right? Not really, it main competition is the 911, which gets along juuuuuuuust fine with the H-6, and notice nobody every complains that it needs a V8?
Old 06-21-2002, 04:33 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for the NSX, everybody else has a V8 right? Not really, it main competition is the 911, which gets along juuuuuuuust fine with the H-6, and notice nobody every complains that it needs a V8?
No, that's Porsche's "thing"....people are looking for oppurtunities to criticise Honda because they're Japanese, and a perfect example is saying the NSX is a rip off because it only has a V6...that misperception comes from the fact that the NSX can rip on Ferraris all day and night, so it is expected to have Ferrari specs in a price class a spec above Porsche.
Old 06-21-2002, 04:54 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Do you think if Honda develops a V-8 it will be in any of their cars outside of the NSX? It would be a showcase engine, almost a novelty of sorts. Of course, the domino effect could take place and the NSX 290hp V-6 show up in the CL for $35,000...... we can dream, can't we?
Old 06-21-2002, 05:17 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by 02RSXTYPES

No, that's Porsche's "thing"....people are looking for oppurtunities to criticise Honda because they're Japanese, and a perfect example is saying the NSX is a rip off because it only has a V6...that misperception comes from the fact that the NSX can rip on Ferraris all day and night, so it is expected to have Ferrari specs in a price class a spec above Porsche.
Haha, i wrote my post, then went to eat, and when I got back IE crashed, so i had to rewrite it, and i forgot to state that Porsche has carved H-6's as their "thing".

If they are able to keep the NSX's weight the same while adding the Dualnote's 400hp IMA system, itll be a monster. ( 0-60 in like 4 seconds)
Also, what was the NSX famous for when it came out(still is). The fact that its so refiened and can be daily driven without a problem. BUT, once you push it, it turns into beast that hang with the best of them, if not beat them.

So just think about the Dualnote here. What will they say about it? Thats is soooo fuel efficient and easy to drive etc etc, but then when u take it to the track, its inner self comes out and tears everything up.

Or, an average V8 :naughty: :fawk:
Old 06-21-2002, 06:10 PM
integboi220

i think the IMA/V6 would be a very good idea i mean the dual note is a monster... it could very well show up in the next NSX

as for the RL have it like 250hp then add the 50hp IMA in there and there u go

plus you would have bragging rights with IMA

Quick Reply: No Honda V8 or RWD, unless...