Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2008 Lexus LX570 (and maybe Toyota Land Cruiser?) production model info

Old 04-06-2007, 09:49 PM
revhappy420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFatbooty
Hey man no need to get all huffy.

I like the LX. Always have. Just that regardless of how good it is, there's a certain "spark" or something about it that's missing.

Same with the LS, not to mention that what makes an ultralux sedan special is partly that you won't see yourself coming the other way very often. If I drove around in an XJR I'd see way more LS460s before I saw another XJR.

I got nothing against em, and hell it's not like I have the money for any of these cars anyway, just that when I get to wishful thinking generally Lexus isn't what's coming off the tip of the tongue. Rational vehicles are for when you're spending rational money, when the price of the car itself is obscene then you might as well pick a car that you "shouldn't" be buying.
I think the word you might be looking for is "character". i feel the same way.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Ochdx

Hey man no need to get all huffy.

I like the LX. Always have. Just that regardless of how good it is, there's a certain "spark" or something about it that's missing.

Same with the LS, not to mention that what makes an ultralux sedan special is partly that you won't see yourself coming the other way very often. If I drove around in an XJR I'd see way more LS460s before I saw another XJR.

I got nothing against em, and hell it's not like I have the money for any of these cars anyway, just that when I get to wishful thinking generally Lexus isn't what's coming off the tip of the tongue. Rational vehicles are for when you're spending rational money, when the price of the car itself is obscene then you might as well pick a car that you "shouldn't" be buying.
I hear you, its kind of nice to have a car that's very exclusive and rare. But when it comes to XJR, in all honesty I was personally considering trading in my GS430 for one of these, and believe or not a used XJR is affordable - just look on ebay. A 3-4 year old XJR can be had for around 30 grand. But you know, I check one out, and I really tried to like it, but just couldn't. The exterior is ok, but interior, despit all the wood and leather, even the leather trim on the center console, it just screams Ford all over. The only thing that sells Jags nowadays, IMHO, is the badge.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:10 PM
ILuvItTheJDM
VEETEHK

I've always liked the look of the LandCruiser/LX, and loved the truck in general, but the sheetmetal on this new one is lame-o. Don't get me wrong, I'd still hit it if I had the money. If I ever had $60K to spend on a truck...the LandCruiser will be at the top of my list for as long as Toyota chooses to produce it.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Ochdx

Have you seen the pics of the new Landcruiser? It looks like a big Highlander.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:49 AM
lexusis350

Wow, the rear looks awful. The rest of the car looks good, especially the interior.

But the MDX is so much nicer, smoother and powerful than this Lexus. The MDX also looks better, has better quality and more luxurious.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:15 PM
qtiger

Tech toys, bells, and whistles will not save a car from being boring.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:55 PM
DakarM

Originally Posted by ultramantaro
You do realize that the LS is newer than all the other models correct? The Q has also been discontinued.
apparently he only likes to give stats that favor lexus.

slightly off topic but in the same line of reasoning

march 07 bmw 3 series sales total 11259, lexus total car sale (all the models combined) 18128 of which 5077 (2.6% decrease from march last year) was IS250+IS350, mb total car sale 15369.

truck wise lexus killed both bmw and MB. lexus sold 10727(decrease of 22.2% from march last year), bmw sold 6579(increase of 18.9% from last year) and MB sold 6243 (increase of 33% from last year)
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:07 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Probably was all the RX's Lexus sold.

Anyway, back to the LX...

I'm not really sure what they could do to make it seem more interesting. I mean just from looking at it if you didn't know it was a Lexus it'd be quite impressive.

I think if anything maybe the Lexus reputation for being the vehicular equivalent of a high-end Maytag washing machine makes their really expensive models seem less neato.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:39 PM
lexusis350

I really think the rear lights on the 07's are much nicer to look at than the 08's. The car is otherwise a nice looking SUV besides the rear. Really sad how they have no styling in the rear.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Ochdx

Probably was all the RX's Lexus sold.

Anyway, back to the LX...

I'm not really sure what they could do to make it seem more interesting. I mean just from looking at it if you didn't know it was a Lexus it'd be quite impressive.

I think if anything maybe the Lexus reputation for being the vehicular equivalent of a high-end Maytag washing machine makes their really expensive models seem less neato.
What would you want them to do to make it more interesting? Why should a car like this be interesting? Sure, they could make another blingmobile like Escalade, but not everyone want's to be like Jay-Z and roll on 24's.

That being said, I like the old design better. It looked tough, while this new design is minivan like.