Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

CMC unveils 810hp biturbo E60 M5 monster..

Old 02-23-2007, 12:19 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CMC unveils 810hp biturbo E60 M5 monster..

Tuner builds 810 horsepower, 240 mph BMW M5

Currency Motor Cars in Westlake, CA has introduced its first project in an "unprecedented line of supercars." The flagship model is a 2006 BMW M5 that can reach a top speed of 240 mph.

Its high compression V-10 engine has been altered by company founder Ron Cash to accommodate twin-turbos and a custom, hand crafted inter-cooled system to kick out an astounding 810 horses.

Although turbochargers are usually located under the hood, this M5 has its turbos under the rear bumper, where the rear silencers once were. Air is channeled to this location via a tube running along the passenger side of the car. Amazingly, the seven-speed SMG transmission did not require any modifications.

The mind-boggling power of this vehicle is complimented by the exquisite $100,000 alteration of its interior. The leather in the steering wheel is the same as the leather in the seats. Fully aniline dyed Florida Crocodile in black.

The custom interior is all hand stitched, designed and installed by CMC co-founder Judy Amic-Angelo.

Currency Motors intends to build ten of these custom M5s, for $350,000 apiece.
[spoiler= Large Pic][/spoiler]

Click headline link for source and image gallery.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!

Last edited by TheOtherDave™; 02-23-2007 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Caught a typo in the article. :o
Old 02-23-2007, 12:55 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if they all fly off the shelves i could see BMW doing something of the same in-house eventually.

esp now that they have outfitted the 3 series with f/i
Old 02-23-2007, 01:28 PM
AJ˛06

its soo hot
Old 02-23-2007, 03:48 PM
ultramantaro

... A turbo charged M5. It's awesome but nothing earth shattering.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:59 AM
DakarM

then there are the 1000hp E39 M5. I don't see BMW doing anything similar.

they do have a twin turbo V8 engine inthe works for the new 5 series but only producing 400hp.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:24 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DakarM
then there are the 1000hp E39 M5. I don't see BMW doing anything similar.

they do have a twin turbo V8 engine inthe works for the new 5 series but only producing 400hp.

the 1000hp m5 was a different story in my book, seeing as it wasn't up for sale and there was only that one...

granted the F/I pressure isn't on due to the lack of SC's in the upcoming/current AMG lineup i still feel that the s85 could more than benefit from being dropped a few compression points and then boosted...

but i do agree this is more of a wish than a possibility seeing as the s85 was made to dominate N/A and converting it would seem to undermine the entire development of the engine.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:47 AM
DakarM

Originally Posted by sherwood
the 1000hp m5 was a different story in my book, seeing as it wasn't up for sale and there was only that one...

granted the F/I pressure isn't on due to the lack of SC's in the upcoming/current AMG lineup i still feel that the s85 could more than benefit from being dropped a few compression points and then boosted...

but i do agree this is more of a wish than a possibility seeing as the s85 was made to dominate N/A and converting it would seem to undermine the entire development of the engine.
it actually undermines the whole M divisions philosophy.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.