Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2008 Saturn Vue from L.A. show

Old 12-04-2006, 06:13 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Saturn Vue from L.A. show

• Four model levels, including affordable Green Line hybrid and Red Line performance variants
  • Six drivetrain choices, including three engines, three transmissions and available AWD
  • Sporty ride and handling
  • Refined interior with premium materials
  • Wide array of standard safety features
Saturn today introduced the all-new 2008 Saturn Vue, a compact five-door crossover vehicle with European design and sporty ride and handling. The vehicle was revealed at the Greater Los Angeles International Auto Show.

The new Vue is the latest Saturn model to showcase the brand’s new design character and intensified focus on driving characteristics. When it becomes available in the second quarter of 2007, it will be the fourth all-new Saturn model since the beginning of 2006 calendar year. The other all-new models are the Sky roadster, Aura sedan and the larger Outlook crossover utility.

“The 2008 Saturn continues the product revitalization at Saturn,” said Saturn General Manager Jill Lajdziak. “The all-new Vue is versatile, technologically advanced and loaded with safety equipment. Saturn customers will be as pleased with the vehicle as they are with the customer treatment they’ve always received at their Saturn retailer.”

Saturn also confirmed that it will continue to offer the Green Line hybrid version of the Vue, beginning later in the 2008 model year. When it debuted in the 2007 lineup, the Vue hybrid was the first vehicle to use GM’s new affordable hybrid powertrain.

In addition to the hybrid, the new Vue will be available in XE, XR and Red Line trim levels. These models will offer a wide range of powertrains, including a more powerful four-cylinder engine, and two V-6 choices mated to six-speed automatic transmissions. Later in the model year, a five-speed manual transmission will be available. All-wheel drive is available with both V-6 engines.

Full article and more pictures at World Car Fans: http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm...n-vue-revealed
Old 12-04-2006, 03:13 PM
rb6teg

Nice job Saturn! I do see a bit of Honda in there, but it's a definite improvement!
Old 12-04-2006, 05:49 PM
lexusis350

Watch out Rav4, Saturn has 2 V6's and 6 Speed and a Hybrid. Toyota better redesign the Rav4. Honda better watch out too, maybe put in the 3.5L V6 from Acura and kill Toyota and Saturn.

Saturns are improving a lot now and I think they will increase sales within a few years. Quality is improving while keeping price lower than the competition.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:23 PM
socalprelude

I was at the auto show, and this really looked good, I hated to admit it. It made the new Escape look 5 years old.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:23 PM
MtViewGuy88
Hopeful FIT owner

The 2008 Saturn Vue essentially is the Opel Antara that just went on sale in Europe. I think it will definitely sell, especially if they can get the Green Line drivetrain to the US model.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Ochdx

So I take it for they are no longer using MDX engine like they did in previous VUE?