Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2007/8 Toyota Corolla

Old 12-03-2006, 06:06 AM
lexusis350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007/8 Toyota Corolla

Source: http://carphotosite.com

This is the European Model and may be similar to what the US will receive. It looks okay besides the rear tail lights, I wonder why one side is white and one side is red. This is Toyota's 2nd design after the Civic came out. So this will be much better, than the one that Toyota planned.

The car looks longer, and the interior looks sub-par. The Civic has digital speedometer so its much better, but I guess people could deal with the old fashion dials.

The seat fabric look a bit cheap, I hope they sell leather on it.

Last edited by lexusis350; 12-03-2006 at 06:10 AM.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:58 AM
Ochdx

Originally Posted by lexusis350
The Civic has digital speedometer so its much better, but I guess people could deal with the old fashion dials.
And so did early 90ies Pontiacs, whats your point?
Old 12-03-2006, 09:02 AM
Ochdx

Old 12-03-2006, 09:44 AM
lexusis350

Originally Posted by Ochdx
And so did early 90ies Pontiacs, whats your point?
People might choose the civic over the corolla because of the speedometer. Thats a flaw Toyota missed. The Civic looks more revolutionary with it and more upscale.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:55 AM
JerryS

It looks like the Yaris... but a bit larger and updates?
Old 12-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Troopa-R

Originally Posted by lexusis350
People might choose the civic over the corolla because of the speedometer.
And people might choose the Civic over the Corolla in spite of the speedometer.

I put the speedometer argument to Honda in the same way as the center-mounted gauges argument to Toyota. If a digital speedometer placed high on the dash is truly so superior to the analog gauge in the instrument cluster as you claim, why haven't you made this change across your entire lineup?

Easy answer: It's not, it's a lame gimmick.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Troopa-R

Originally Posted by JerryS
It looks like the Yaris... but a bit larger and updates?
I give Toyota credit for creating a design style that it's carrying across the lineup that defines the brand. The Yaris, Corolla, Camry, RAV4 all have a unifying family look. So do Tundra and Tacoma for their pickups. So does Lexus' IS, ES, GS, and LS. It unifies the brand and makes them easily recognizable from the competiton. The designs are bland but at least they're not ugly or anonymous.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Ochdx

Not a single premium car that I know of comes with a digital speedometer. Digital speedometers were played out in late 80ies and early 90ies, analog is just so much classier. It's like watches, electronic vs good old mechanical.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Ochdx

Originally Posted by Troopa-R
I give Toyota credit for creating a design style that it's carrying across the lineup that defines the brand. The Yaris, Corolla, Camry, RAV4 all have a unifying family look. So do Tundra and Tacoma for their pickups. So does Lexus' IS, ES, GS, and LS. It unifies the brand and makes them easily recognizable from the competiton. The designs are bland but at least they're not ugly or anonymous.
Actually I personally hate this new L-finesse Lexus styling with nearly identical designs across the entire model range. If you are not an enthusiast, it's hard to tell these new models apart. I really loved last generation Lexii, each model had its own unique look and character. The new ones are rather bland.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Troopa-R

Originally Posted by Ochdx
Actually I personally hate this new L-finesse Lexus styling with nearly identical designs across the entire model range. If you are not an enthusiast, it's hard to tell these new models apart. I really loved last generation Lexii, each model had its own unique look and character. The new ones are rather bland.
I would agree with you about L-Finesse. I really am not a fan of the look, but I love the interior of the new IS. I'm not with you on the older Lexuses though. Other than the SC, I wasn't a fan of any of the designs.