Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

XM Satellite Radio And Andretti Green Racing Expand Motorsports Partnership Into 2007 American Le Mans Series

Old 10-31-2006, 04:46 PM
Daniel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM Satellite Radio And Andretti Green Racing Expand Motorsports Partnership Into 2007 American Le Mans Series

XM Satellite Radio And Andretti Green Racing Expand Motorsports Partnership Into 2007 American Le Mans Series

Washington, DC - October 31, 2006 -- XM Satellite Radio, the nation's leading satellite radio company with more than 7 million subscribers, announced it will be the primary sponsor of the Andretti Green Racing (AGR) Acura Courage car in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS). The car is being unveiled today by driver Bryan Herta at the XM booth at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas.

In addition to driving the XM-sponsored ALMS car, Herta will serve as a co-host of "The Andretti Green Racing Hour" along with the 2007 Andretti Green Racing team lineup. The show will be among the high-profile motorsports programming exclusively available on the XM Sports Nation channel (XM 143), the exclusive home to racing's biggest stars.

"I'm really looking forward to continuing my relationship with XM Satellite Radio and also to the opportunity to spearhead Andretti Green Racing's entrance into the American Le Mans Series," said Herta. "I look back on my 13 years as an IndyCar driver and have a lot of great memories. Now, it's on to the next chapter of my career, and I'm very excited to drive a world-class Acura Courage sponsored by XM."

"XM is dedicated to supporting our automotive partners on the open road and at the race track. We're especially pleased to be part of Acura's debut season in the American Le Mans Series with Andretti Green Racing," said George Perry, director, Partnership and Event Marketing, XM Satellite Radio. "We're also looking forward to the launch of the new 'Andretti Green Racing Hour' show that will include a behind-the-scenes look into the ALMS."

The Acura Courage features the first racing engine completely designed and developed in-house by Honda's racing subsidiary Honda Performance Development of Santa Clarita, Calif.

XM is standard across the entire 2007 Acura model line, including three months of complimentary XM service upon purchase. XM NavTraffic, the nation's first satellite-based real-time traffic information service, is offered in four of Acura's top-selling models and is now available for 44 major metro markets nationwide.

About XM Satellite Radio

XM (NASDAQ: XMSR) is America's number one satellite radio company with more than 7 million subscribers. Broadcasting live daily from studios in Washington, DC, New York City, the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville, Toronto and Montreal, XM's 2006 lineup includes more than 170 digital channels of choice from coast to coast: commercial-free music, premier sports, news, talk radio, comedy, children's and entertainment programming; and the most advanced traffic and weather information.

XM, the leader in satellite-delivered entertainment and data services for the automobile market through partnerships with General Motors, Honda, Hyundai, Nissan, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki and Toyota, is available in more than 140 different vehicle models for 2006. XM's industry-leading products are available at consumer electronics retailers nationwide. For more information about XM hardware, programming and partnerships, please visit http://www.xmradio.com.

Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements in this press release include demand for XM Satellite Radio's service, the Company's dependence on technology and third party vendors, its potential need for additional financing, as well as other risks described in XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc.'s Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on 3-3-06. Copies of the filing are available upon request from XM Radio's Investor Relations Department. Programming schedule subject to change.

Last edited by jaje; 11-01-2006 at 05:31 AM.