Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Official: 2007 Civic Si Sedan

Old 09-01-2006, 10:32 AM
mayonaise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official: 2007 Civic Si Sedan

Shown previously as a concept, the 2007 Civic Si Sedan is now official. It's only 60 lbs. heavier than the coupe. all of the mechanicals are carried over from the Si coupe - six speed transmission, limited slip, and of course, the engine.

http://hondanews.com/CatID1000?mid=2...37314&mime=asc
The Award-Winning Civic Lineup Expands to Include Civic Si Sedan and the Only Natural Gas-Powered Passenger Car Available to Retail Consumers in the U.S.

Torrance, Calif. 09/01/2006 --

The eighth generation, 2007 Honda Civic features a well-equipped and technologically-advanced Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe lineup highlighted by an environmentally-responsible Civic Hybrid, a dedicated natural-gas powered Civic GX and an ultra-sporty Civic Si Coupe and Sedan.

Nearly identical mechanically to the Civic Si Coupe, the Civic Si Sedan features a high-performance 197-horsepower i-VTEC(R) 4-cylinder engine, 6-speed manual transmission, limited slip differential and a sport suspension. Also of note, a dedicated natural gas-powered version of the Civic debuted mid-year 2006.

The Civic represents an extreme transformation of design and dynamics while establishing new segment standards with clean and efficient i-VTEC engine technologies and advanced standard safety equipment like side curtain airbags and the Advanced Compatibility Engineering(TM) (ACE(TM)) Body Structure.

The most noticeable features of the Civic include its expressive exterior styling, a high-tech and spacious interior, and fun-to-drive performance. The Civic further rewards drivers and passengers with as many as seven ways to listen to audio entertainment - including XM(R) Satellite Radio, MP3/auxillary input jack and WMA support and an accessory iPod(R) adapter that connects the popular music player to the Civic's audio controls.

Designed with a sweeping roofline and a sleek windshield angle, the Civic conveys an advanced one-motion profile with a low, wide stance. Available in two distinctive body styles with four engine choices and four transmissions, the Civic represents one of the most diverse vehicles in the automotive industry with 183 combinations of models, trim levels and color variations.

In keeping with Honda's "Safety for Everyone" initiative, standard safety equipment includes Honda's exclusive ACE Body Structure for enhanced vehicle-to-vehicle crash compatibility and collision energy management. The ACE Body Structure enhances frontal collision energy management through a network of load bearing structures in the front of the vehicle. Conceived around "real world" safety, this newly developed front-end frame structure incorporates new upper and lower frame members to significantly enhance energy dispersion in a frontal collision. In addition, the Civic provides a long list of standard safety equipment including side curtain airbags, front side airbags with passenger-side Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS), active front head restraints and a 4-channel anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD). Honda's commitment to safety extends to pedestrians as well as vehicle occupants. To help reduce pedestrian injuries in the event of a collision, the Civic's hood and fender areas are designed to deform if contacted by the head of an adult or child pedestrian.

Honda stylists and engineers prioritized sophistication to create a high-quality, advanced and sporty interior space with the latest technology, storage areas compatible with the latest electronics and innovative styling. More standard features and new available features like a voice activated navigation system highlight Honda's dedication to elevating the interior of the Civic to an entirely new level.

A two-tier instrument panel positions priority gauges, like the speedometer, up high in the driver's field of vision. The body width allows the seats to be wider and more supportive, and a spacious multi-function center console accommodates up to 20 compact discs and performs armrest duties for both front occupants.

The latest generation of the Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System(TM) is available on Si, Hybrid and EX models and features a 6.5-inch motorized display that opens and closes for access to the internal single-disc CD player and a new digital audio card reader that can play MP3 and WMA files from CompactFlash(R) and similar media via a PC card adapter. The navigation system features more than 7 million points of interest and the voice activation can control the navigation menus and the audio system, along with entering city and street names.

All Civic audio systems provide as much as 350 watts through seven speakers on EX Coupe and Si models, including an external amplifier and 8-inch subwoofer. All Civic audio systems have MP3/WMA CD playback capability. Auxiliary audio input jacks are standard equipment on LX and above trim levels allowing for portable music device playback through the car's speakers. XM Satellite Radio is standard on navigation-equipped EX, Si and Hybrid models. The Civic LX Coupe models have a six-speaker 160-watt audio system with a single-disc CD player (four speakers for the LX sedan). All audio systems feature Speed-Sensitive Volume Control (SVC) that automatically adjusts the volume based on vehicle speed. Audio displays include CD/MP3 text readout, and the coupe provides a customizable welcome screen (non-navi).

Civic Si Sedan and Coupe

The Civic Si Sedan embraces the styling and performance of a Civic Si Coupe, marking the first time that "Si" performance is available in the Civic Sedan. Similar to the recently introduced Civic Si Coupe, the Civic Si Sedan will serve as another performance halo for the Civic line-up with a 197-horsepower, 16-valve, DOHC 2.0 liter i-VTEC(R) 4-cylinder engine with an 8,000 rpm redline, mated to a close-ratio, 6-speed manual transmission. The 139 lb-ft. of torque @ 6100 rpm adds to the high-performance characteristics. Helping to put all that power to the ground is a helical-type, limited slip differential for improved traction and cornering performance.

The Civic Si Sedan showcases the performance potential of the Civic platform to the highest degree. It can carve through twisty roads like a sports car, sprint from 0 to 60 quickly and still provide the everyday practicality of a Civic with its legendary quality, refinement and durability. Its exclusive exterior features a low-profile rear spoiler wing, aero cladding and Si emblems. Its sporty interior has deeply bolstered seats, red fabric stitching and unique trim panels. The Civic Si Sedan chassis has 17-inch dark silver alloy wheels, 215/45R17 high-performance tires (summer tire available), and 4-wheel disc brakes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
civic_si_sedan08.jpg (62.5 KB, 96 views)
civic_si_sedan06.jpg (75.7 KB, 117 views)
civic_si_sedan05.jpg (69.6 KB, 131 views)
civic_si_sedan07.jpg (64.6 KB, 81 views)
civic_si_sedan03.jpg (58.3 KB, 103 views)
Old 09-01-2006, 11:23 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

i'm really considering plunking down a deposit to get one in early November...i want the build & price to be up to find out what color i'd want

i want a 3 speed auto on it too :loco:
Old 09-01-2006, 11:31 AM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

Can't you get it with a lip spoiler and not that ugly thing
Old 09-01-2006, 11:35 AM
fjm1
G35

Nice. Better looking than the coupe.

First thing I would do is remove that silly sticker on the bottom of the passenger doors.

Second thing I would do is drop the hammer coming out of a tight right hander and let the LSD do it's magic....
Old 09-01-2006, 01:16 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Nicely done... however the spoiler is a bit... erm... gaudy. h:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-03-2006, 06:49 AM
autofreak

Maybe they should have tried putting a decklid spoiler, it would be much more clean looking.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:20 AM
Ochdx

I still can't get over the fact how ugly the new civic is....
Old 09-03-2006, 07:55 AM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Eh it's not that ugly. I'd like to drive an Si Sedan just to see how it feels. After driving a WRX for the last 8 months I somehow doubt it'll feel very strong but I have no doubt it's a good car overall.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:52 PM
autofreak

Originally Posted by Ochdx
I still can't get over the fact how ugly the new civic is....
I used to hate the civic's design but the look grew on me, I now find it very appealing. Obviously that wasn't the case for you
Old 09-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Ochdx

Yeah, my favorite Civics ever are 5th and 6th gens. The 7th gen was bland, and completely lost the appeal, but it wasn't ugly. This new 8th gen however.... can't stand it.