Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   News & Rumors Archives (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/news-and-rumors-archives-49/)
-   -   Daimler Chrysler US sales down 34% (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/news-and-rumors-archives/244646-daimler-chrysler-us-sales-down-34-a.html)

mayonaise 08-01-2006 01:30 PM

Daimler Chrysler US sales down 34%

while the Mercedes brand managed a 4% increase from the same time last year, the company as a whole has taken a big hit.

http://today.reuters.com/business/ne...&imageid=&cap=

DaimlerChrysler U.S. July sales down 34 pct

Tue Aug 1, 2006 7:52am ET

DETROIT, Aug 1 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler AG on Tuesday said U.S. sales fell 34 percent in July to 171,940 vehicles as sales at its U.S. Chrysler unit plunged.

U.S. sales at Chrysler Group fell an unexpected 37 percent to 150,349 vehicles despite aggressive incentives, including employee-pricing discounts and interest-free loans.

The German carmaker's Mercedes luxury unit reported its highest July sales on record with 21,591 new vehicles sold in July, an increase of 4 percent over a year ago.

The sales numbers were not adjusted for the extra selling day last July.

ILuvItTheJDM 08-01-2006 02:55 PM

Not surprised. All the gangbangers already have their 300s, whether they bought them or stole them. :oh:

M Type X 08-01-2006 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by ILuvItTheJDM
Not surprised. All the gangbangers already have their 300s, whether they bought them or stole them. :oh:

Werd. The guys on Freshalloy couldn't figure it out, but then again, Nissan tries to sell cars on fad-worthy bling factor as well. :oh:

lexusis350 08-02-2006 06:40 AM

I am suprise Toyota sales are up. Who would wanna buy a piece of crap that is eventually going to get a recall? I am happy Honda Sales are up. All Honda cars are up. The Civic and Accord are catching up to the Camry and Corolla.

99PreludeSh 08-02-2006 06:43 AM

Aren't they going to be selling the smart cars soon?

Troopa-R 08-02-2006 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by lexusis350
I am suprise Toyota sales are up. Who would wanna buy a piece of crap that is eventually going to get a recall?

You know... given how vehemently anti-Toyota you are, Temple of VTEC may be a better place for you. The folks here tend to be a lot more open-minded towards the competition. Just some advice.

mayonaise 08-02-2006 09:10 AM

I am happy Honda Sales are up. All Honda cars are up.

Acura sales are down 4.9%. in fact, sales for all the acura models except for the TSX are down. :slap:

Buyimports2 08-02-2006 09:44 AM

I am suprise Toyota sales are up. Who would wanna buy a piece of crap that is eventually going to get a recall?

You are a f*cking moron. Toyota's and Honda's are the most dependable cars out there. You think Honda never had a recall? dumbass

Ochdx 08-02-2006 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Buyimports2
You are a f*cking moron. Toyota's and Honda's are the most dependable cars out there. You think Honda never had a recall? dumbass

I don't think he even means what he says, I think he's just a throll that makes posts to try and get on the nerves of those who favor toyota, or just throlling around being sarcastic.

boltuprite 08-18-2006 09:57 AM

not too surprised. I had a 93 Concorde and a 2000 Intrepid with the famed 2.7 sludgeplant under the hood. Although my motor didn't die there were several other issues with this car. Basically the front suspension has all the integrity of elastic bands and paper clips. You shouldn't be replacing tie rods, control arms ball joints and a steering gear after 1 year.

Various sensors (cam shaft, speed input and output, O2..etc) blow frequently. Cripes even the emblems peel and fade after 1 year.

Chrysler can ramble on all they want about improved quality but IMHO they still build crap.