Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Acura announces pricing, date for 2007 RDX

Old 07-12-2006, 03:45 PM
mayonaise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acura announces pricing, date for 2007 RDX

price will start at $32,995, and will hit dealers on August 10.

http://hondanews.com/CatID1000?mid=2...44960&mime=asc
Acura Announces Pricing for All-New Turbocharged 2007 RDX
New SUV Delivers a New Level of Performance, Handling and Technology to the Luxury Sport Utility Vehicle Market

TORRANCE, Calif. 07/12/2006 --

Acura today announced pricing of the all-new 2007 RDX 5-passenger luxury SUV. Making its debut at Acura dealerships on August 10, the 2007 RDX will have a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $32,995. The performance oriented RDX is poised to bring a new level of driving excitement and enjoyment to consumers seeking sports sedan performance in the growing entry premium SUV segment.

Featuring Acura's first-ever turbocharged and intercooled engine coupled with patented Super Handling All-Wheel Drive(TM) (SH-AWD)(TM) , the RDX blends the best in responsiveness, control and efficiency. The RDX is equipped with a 2.3-liter DOHC 16-valve in-line four cylinder engine with i-VTEC valve control that produces 240 horsepower. By adding an innovative variable flow turbocharger, an exceptionally broad powerband with virtually no turbo lag is produced while providing an EPA estimated city/highway fuel economy rating of 19/23 miles per gallon.

"The 2007 RDX illustrates Acura's passion for developing vehicles that can deliver the ultimate in performance, technology, safety and fuel efficiency," said Dick Colliver, executive vice president sales. "For drivers that want the utility of an SUV but demand a sporty driving experience, the RDX truly delivers."

In addition to an exhilarating driving experience, the RDX offers a comprehensive list of standard electronic and convenience features that serve to greatly enhance the ownership experience. The RDX is equipped with a dual-zone automatic climate control system, a 360-watt, 7-speaker Acura Premium Sound System with a multi-format 6-disc changer, XM(R) Satellite Radio and a convenient MP3/auxiliary input jack for connecting popular portable audio devices such as an iPod(R).

The RDX's inherent performance and technology compliments its state of the art safety features. An Advanced Compatibility Engineering(TM) (ACE(TM)) body structure helps protect passengers by distributing collision loads through the body structure, leaving the passenger cabin more intact for improved occupant protection while also making the RDX more compatible with smaller vehicles in the event of a vehicle-to-vehicle frontal collision. Finally, a specially engineered hood and other components help reduce the chances of pedestrian injury in the event of a collision with the vehicle. Inside the RDX, a full complement of passive safety features are found, such as the latest generation of dual-stage, dual-threshold airbags for the driver and front passenger, side airbags for the driver and front passenger and side curtain airbags with a rollover sensor for all outboard occupants.

While the RDX is generously equipped right from the start, it is also available with an optional Technology Package. Priced at $36,495, the RDX with Technology Package enhances the driving experience by adding a 10-speaker, 410-watt, Acura/ELS Surround(R) Premium Sound System designed by legendary recording engineer Elliot Scheiner to create an unmatched listening experience. In addition, the Technology Package also includes several visual and audio communications features such as the Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition(TM) and rearview camera, the HandsFreeLink(TM) wireless telephone interface, and the AcuraLink(TM) Satellite Communication System with Real Time Traffic.

The destination and handling charge for all 2007 Acura vehicles is $615. For additional information about the new RDX and other Acura vehicles, please visit www.acura.com. For media inquiries and high resolution images of the RDX and other Acura vehicles, please visit www.acuranews.com.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:56 PM
AcuraFanatic

Good starting price point. I was worried it'd be entirely too high.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Ochdx

19/23 mpg? How pathetic! For instance Lexus RX350 is bigger, has a big V6 engine with more power, and gets better MPG.

And this is supposed to be Honda's latest attempt in new engine technology? For comparison the upcoming Lexus LS460 equipped with 4.6 380hp V8 with direct injection technology yields 28mpg.

This is what Honda engineers get for being a bunch of stubborn, arrogant ignoramuses for the past 15 years. Vtec this!
Old 07-12-2006, 09:24 PM
AcuraFanatic

Originally Posted by Ochdx
19/23 mpg? How pathetic! For instance Lexus RX350 is bigger, has a big V6 engine with more power, and gets better MPG.

And this is supposed to be Honda's latest attempt in new engine technology? For comparison the upcoming Lexus LS460 equipped with 4.6 380hp V8 with direct injection technology yields 28mpg.

This is what Honda engineers get for being a bunch of stubborn, arrogant ignoramuses for the past 15 years. Vtec this!
You truly are an idiot. The RX350 gets a whole 1mpg more than the RDX does on the highway, while both are rated at 19mpg in the city.

The RDX makes 30HP less but also makes 9 lb.-ft. more of torque and 200RPM sooner than the RX350 does, while working with 1200cc's less.

Not bad I say.

The LS460 gets significantly better mileage than either of the two because it's not shaped like a house, and it has a 6-speed automatic with two insanely long overdrive gears, which Toyota loves to do. Both the RX and RDX use a 5-speed automatic. It's not even a fair comparison anyways.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:24 PM
iNteGraz92
forever lurking

please tell us what your role here is Ochdx besides constantly bashing honda while praising lexus. i could care less if the rx gets 1mpg more. it's a bitchmobile.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:43 AM
Ochdx

Originally Posted by AF
You truly are an idiot. The RX350 gets a whole 1mpg more than the RDX does on the highway, while both are rated at 19mpg in the city.

The RDX makes 30HP less but also makes 9 lb.-ft. more of torque and 200RPM sooner than the RX350 does, while working with 1200cc's less.

Not bad I say.
Yeah, the RX is BIGGER, with BIGGER, more powerful, healthier engine, and it still manages to get better MPG, even if its only 1 mpg.

That being said, neither gets great MPG, but the RDX by all means should be at least in the high 20ies. It's turbo is not on all the time, it only kicks in when you gun it, so most of the time when you are cruising it pretty much works like your regular N/A 4 cylinder. For instance Toyota Highlander, which is the same size as the RDX, with 4 cyl engine gets 24/30 mpg, and the V6 version, which is more powerful than the RDX gets 21/28 with 4wd!

Originally Posted by AF
The LS460 gets significantly better mileage than either of the two because it's not shaped like a house, and it has a 6-speed automatic with two insanely long overdrive gears, which Toyota loves to do. Both the RX and RDX use a 5-speed automatic. It's not even a fair comparison anyways.
Actually its an 8 speed, but then again, the LS is much heavier and much bigger than the RDX, with goabs more power. The reason I'm using the LS as an example is because its engine uses direct injection technology similar to this new Honda engine found in the RDX. Like I said, if anything, the RDX should be at least in the same ball park as Toyotas new vehicles if they want to compete.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:47 AM
Ochdx

Originally Posted by iNteGraz92
please tell us what your role here is Ochdx besides constantly bashing honda while praising lexus. i could care less if the rx gets 1mpg more. it's a bitchmobile.
I actually been on this board for quite a few years, started out a Honda enthusiast just like most of us here. But in the past several years, pretty much from 2001 and up, Honda does nothing but go backwards and disappoint, so I've lost my tolerance for them. No progress in 15 years, and I'm not keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:27 AM
mayonaise

It's turbo is not on all the time, it only kicks in when you gun it, so most of the time when you are cruising it pretty much works like your regular N/A 4 cylinder.
i'm afraid not. when the amount of exhaust gas available is low (eg, low RPM/speed), the variable flow turbocharger increases the velocity of the exhaust gas into the turbo, and varies it progressively as more exhaust gas is available. the flow control valve is controlled by exhaust gas flow, not directly by RPMs. so no, it's not only on "when you gun it."
Old 07-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Ochdx

Originally Posted by mayonaise
i'm afraid not. when the amount of exhaust gas available is low (eg, low RPM/speed), the variable flow turbocharger increases the velocity of the exhaust gas into the turbo, and varies it progressively as more exhaust gas is available. the flow control valve is controlled by exhaust gas flow, not directly by RPMs. so no, it's not only on "when you gun it."
Yeah, but it aint doing jack when you're cruising. The bottom line is - Toyota Rav4 is bigger, lighter, more powerful, faster, and still gets better fueld economy.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:47 AM
AcuraFanatic

Yeah, but it aint doing jack when you're cruising. The bottom line is - Toyota Rav4 is bigger, lighter, more powerful, faster, and still gets better fueld economy.
Turbo's never do "jack", exhaust gasses still go through the housing and the turbine will still spin, even at idle.

If you're such a Toyota fan boy, by all means please go to a Toyota board. You're wearing thin on a lot of members for having a closed mind. Cars aren't all about specifications, you need to stop comparing cars based on what you read in magazines.