Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   News & Rumors Archives (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/news-and-rumors-archives-49/)
-   -   Nissan Altima SE-R (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/news-and-rumors-archives/126671-nissan-altima-se-r.html)

velfarretokyo 09-15-2004 07:43 AM

I wonder how come the pricing is so high. It seems that many parts on the SE-R are shared with other models like the G35, 350Z, Maxima, etc... (although I'm not totally sure how many parts are actually shared). I don't see how Nissan can justify the premium on this when the actual performance bump isn't going to be that significant. And why people would take this over a G35 that can be had for a few thousand more is way beyond me.

98CoupeV6 09-15-2004 08:08 AM

For a sticker of $28,000 you get an Accord Coupe 6-speed with Navi...much nicer and interior, better creature features (like dual climate control), and the navi is awesome.

It doesn't even have an LSD...I really don't understand why it's so esspensive. I mean it's real cool and all, but like the rest of the Altima lineup the MSRP seems a grand or two too high.

I was always hoping for a tuned and/or FI 4 banger for the Altima SE-R...I think that'd be really cool :oh: Damn Americanized car companies.

This thing looks real nice in person, but it's difficult to tell the difference between it and a regular Altima if you don't know what it is. That's what surprised me when I saw it an NYIAS.

98CoupeV6 09-15-2004 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by velfarretokyo
I wonder how come the pricing is so high. It seems that many parts on the SE-R are shared with other models like the G35, 350Z, Maxima, etc... (although I'm not totally sure how many parts are actually shared). I don't see how Nissan can justify the premium on this when the actual performance bump isn't going to be that significant. And why people would take this over a G35 that can be had for a few thousand more is way beyond me.

It's around the same price as G35 with cloth interior..and the G35 has RWD, 6 speed and 298 hp!

M Type X 09-15-2004 06:12 PM

Even the Freshalloy guys (of which I am number one anyway..... smirk :chuckles: smirk) agree that the price is killer and the seats are too gaudy. :eek:

brtecson 09-16-2004 09:48 AM

So this car is around the same price as a g35 and an is3000? gimme a break. "se-r" is supposed to mean "value" performance.

DVPGSR 09-16-2004 12:40 PM

You know I really like it and I have not been a fan of the Altimas at all.

MrFatbooty 09-16-2004 01:04 PM

Is it just me or does the shifter look really stupid with that chrome thingie below the knob? I'd want to take a good 3 inches or so out of the entire assembly.

DVPGSR 09-16-2004 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by MrFatbooty
Is it just me or does the shifter look really stupid with that chrome thingie below the knob? I'd want to take a good 3 inches or so out of the entire assembly.

I'ts not just you. I think it is a little high as well.

Confuc1ous 06-12-2005 10:51 AM

I am shopping for the altima se-r, but if i dont get the price i want it wont be happening, and its said that their sales are slumping.

They now offer a Nismo short shifter kit and full coilover kit through the dealership, i think the coilover system is 960 not including labor and the shifter kit is like 400 also not including install.

I would like to get this car and do those mods but i dont know.

Some guy dropped an intake on this car that had an MAFci optimizer on it and he got 24hp at the wheels. That shit is no joke, i dont know how but im still trying to figure that out.

TheOtherDave™ 06-12-2005 02:44 PM

Looks good. :) The seats are a tad gaudy..
But for 30K, I would expect much more power (285+) and a helical LSD.