Notices

what do you guys think about this bike?

Old 08-02-2006, 06:39 PM
bnuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you guys think about this bike?

This the third bike I've tried to get now. First one was a kawasaki, second was a Suzuki GS450, but now I've found this, nighthawks have always been my favorites. I'm thinking I can probably get it for 600. This is also going to be my starter bike but I will probably have it for a long time, I just want something to ride around and to work and back. basically the bike is pretty well disassembled, but the only new parts it needs is some mounting hardware for the turn signals and a carb rebuild kit.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:10 PM
ewood87
Eric Wood

my buddy has one just like that, only when he bought it he spray painted it some blue color (looks decent). he commutes on it all the time and seems to be happy with it, except when he rides with me n my r6
Old 08-02-2006, 11:13 PM
DamnAccord
Closet Gun Nut

I would LOVE to get my hands on one of those bikes. It's a shame Honda discontinuted it. At the time it was about to be discontinuted, sportbikes and cruisers were getting more popular(in America) so there was no need for them anymore. I say, if you have the time and patience, get it! You will NOT be disappointed. I tried getting one but they are sold around here for way more than what it's really worth.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:43 AM
bnuk

Im sure it is going to be more involved than just putting it together, but i have the time and patience to do it, and its what I really want.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:16 PM
Kesmai

Originally Posted by bnuk
This the third bike I've tried to get now. First one was a kawasaki, second was a Suzuki GS450, but now I've found this, nighthawks have always been my favorites. I'm thinking I can probably get it for 600. This is also going to be my starter bike but I will probably have it for a long time, I just want something to ride around and to work and back. basically the bike is pretty well disassembled, but the only new parts it needs is some mounting hardware for the turn signals and a carb rebuild kit.
It's nice but a little too old for my taste, and I only like red on cars.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:40 PM
bnuk

just out of curiosity, when you say too old are you refering to the styling or just that its old and might be beat up or unreliable?
Old 08-05-2006, 04:55 AM
Kesmai

Referring to the style, I know a lot of old bikes can be really reliable.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:17 PM
kylegt

What bike is this?
I don't see a picture?
Old 08-08-2006, 05:01 PM
dmacaalay
Monkey See, Monkey Do!

Originally Posted by kylegt
What bike is this?
I don't see a picture?
umm.. you have to click on the link buddy.. click on the word "this" in the sentence starting with, "I've found this, nighthawks" etc..