Notices

Possible New Bike

Old 11-05-2004, 11:37 PM
pUrExTc
殺生丸

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible New Bike

With my old 600RR being stolen, I have several options open to me.

Either I can buy a new bike (thinking GSX-R 750, or R6), or I can put it into my car, or I can save it. I'm not getting another 600RR. Don't get me wrong, It's a great bike, and I love everything about it, undertail exhaust, frame design, handling, acceleration, gauge cluster (no complaints on anything!), but I would like to have trunk space to carry more than the owners manual, a screwdriver, and an air tire pressure gauge.

Any input on what I should put (roughly) $15k into?

I was thinking save some, put some into car, instead of just saving all, or putting all into a car. Or buying a bike, and saving the rest...
Old 11-06-2004, 04:38 AM
Pride-Breaker
Sleeper

Well if your interested....Im selling a '01 suzuki 1000. Asking price is $7000. Im located in the virginia area.
Old 11-06-2004, 07:46 AM
BadBrains

DUCATI and pocket the rest
Old 11-06-2004, 05:38 PM
pUrExTc
殺生丸

Originally Posted by BadBrains
DUCATI and pocket the rest
DUC's cost as much as cars!?!?
Old 11-06-2004, 07:58 PM
DamnAccord
Closet Gun Nut

Originally Posted by pUrExTc
DUC's cost as much as cars!?!?
Well... not all of them but I wouldn't want to pay for the upkeep. It cost a lot to service the bike if you don't know how to wrench on a duck or don't have hook ups.. Ok, I shouldn't be talking... I'm planning on getting a Ducati Monster next year. h: I just want to have a 'hooligan' bike along with my sportbike. :rick:

Anyway, are you in a hurry to get another bike or to put money into your car? What I would recommend is save a bit longer and get another bike with some of the left over to go into your car. Are you in a hurry to get another bike or do stuff to your car?
Old 11-09-2004, 12:52 AM
pUrExTc
殺生丸

Checked out Ducs online. Slick! Just don't like the front head lights on any of them.

All things considered (mostly price!), it'll most likely be a GSX-R750, or a R6. Just can't make up my mind.

Checked out the '05 600RR, it looks pretty sick too! They changed things and made it better than the other years as well. Maybe...
Old 11-10-2004, 09:22 AM
BadBrains

Not if used.

When I was looking at bikes it was a toss up between the 03RR and a 00/01 748, both were priced the same, insurance payments were both the same, the only thing is the expensive service every 3000 miles...........

Someday.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:06 PM
DamnAccord
Closet Gun Nut

Originally Posted by pUrExTc
Checked out Ducs online. Slick! Just don't like the front head lights on any of them.

All things considered (mostly price!), it'll most likely be a GSX-R750, or a R6. Just can't make up my mind.

Checked out the '05 600RR, it looks pretty sick too! They changed things and made it better than the other years as well. Maybe...
If you decide on the duck(or other brands for that matter, why get their superbikes/sportbikes? You should check out the Monsters. I want the new Monster S2R. Monsters are really comfortable too. Plus, if you get one, you won't look like everyone on the road. It seems like everyone and their mom has a sportbike these days. I remember a buddy of mine bought a monster 620 and these guys were like, 'oh man you bought a ducati?!' So my friend showed them, and they had no idea it was a Ducati. They thought all Ducatis were sportbikes or something. Well my point is, if you want a bike, get something no one really gets and is cheaper? IF the Ducati is still too much, how about a Suzuki SV650? I know a guy who has one that just totally makes clowns out of the literbike guys at the twisties we go to. Pretty cool if you ask me. h: Standards and motards are the way to go these days! heh
Old 11-10-2004, 10:14 PM
pUrExTc
殺生丸

i know what you mean! Honda Rebel and Nightwings are becoming much more popular! I've seen 'em everywhere! They look retro, like the Fonz (Happy Days), though I still prefer the sport bikes.

The new '05 600RR looks nice, with it's oval designed exhaust and such.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:36 PM
RicerVtr

hes talkin standards man, not curisers....check um out, like the sv650 or 1000, or the ducati monsters, there freakin fun as hell to ride. Ive had a few 600s and a 750 and now have a superhawk(its a kinda standard v-twin) and it is the most fun bike ive ever had, not the fastest though(only managed an 11.3 in the quarter). My mom had an sv650 and i think i would rather have one of those than a 600 inline four, because its much more fun to ride, especially around town. Its all about what you into, if your into this for yourself and want it to be just as much fun as possible, get a bike that would be fun, if you really want insane speed that will hardly ever be used to its full potential or you want to look badass in front of all your friends and all those posers out there, get a bigger badder full fairing bike. I don't suggest 600s, they aren't very fun to ride at all and seem to sell for alot(its what everyone wants). Liter bike v-twins is where its at.