Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

Oddyssey Temp Gauge stays near Middle

Old 05-11-2010, 01:48 AM
dhaniyal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oddyssey Temp Gauge stays near Middle

We have 2007 Honda odyssey with 25k miles on it.
I recently notice its temp gauge stays just a little bit lower than the center mark. I never noticed it where it used to be before. I just want to make sure, Is this normal or we have a problem?
Once it reaches this reading after driving for few minutes it stays like that, city or highway.
Vehicle has no problems and drives perfectly.
Any help / suggestion will be greatly appreciated
Old 05-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Carbuff

Originally Posted by dhaniyal
We have 2007 Honda odyssey with 25k miles on it.
I recently notice its temp gauge stays just a little bit lower than the center mark. I never noticed it where it used to be before. I just want to make sure, Is this normal or we have a problem?
Once it reaches this reading after driving for few minutes it stays like that, city or highway.
Vehicle has no problems and drives perfectly.
Any help / suggestion will be greatly appreciated
That is where our CR-V and Acura TL gauges stay, just a little less than center. :woohoo:

All Honda temp gauges are "dampened" at normal, that is, once up to normal operating temperature they will stay in the normal position and not move, even when the temp varies a bit (IE, stop and go traffic, variations when the rad fans kick in, etc)

If you hook up a ScanGauge (www.scangauge.com) or the equivalent, you can see the actual temperatures that the ECU monitors. :wiggle:
Old 06-14-2010, 06:00 AM
mason rocket
my 2 cense

all my civic's do the same. they warm up to a certain point and don't move. as long as the needle stays put you are fine.