Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

radiator hoses on MDX

Old 06-10-2009, 03:52 PM
jvaughan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radiator hoses on MDX

I have a 2002 MDX with 106K miles on it an I am in the process of having the timing belt service done at the Acura dealer. I requested that they change the radiator hoses and thermostat since they were going to drain the coolant. Acura said that the hoses and thermostat don't need changing that they last a long time and it would be a waste of my money. Just how long do they last?
Old 06-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Carbuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jvaughan
I have a 2002 MDX with 106K miles on it an I am in the process of having the timing belt service done at the Acura dealer. I requested that they change the radiator hoses and thermostat since they were going to drain the coolant. Acura said that the hoses and thermostat don't need changing that they last a long time and it would be a waste of my money. Just how long do they last?
The hoses on modern Hondas and Toyotas last a heckuva lot longer than the hoses of 20 years ago.

Our 150K mile 1999 Acura TL is still running on the original hoses. No plans to change them out...no problems mentioned on the various forums I belong to, either.

I'd say you can let the hoses slide!