Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

1999 odyssey resetting maint. light and erg

Old 01-24-2008, 09:08 AM
baronets445

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 odyssey resetting maint. light and erg

I replaced the ERG valve on my odyssey June of last year but the check engine light is on again with the same code any suggestion. Also how do I reset the maintenance light.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:08 PM
PassportEX

Don't know if its the same with Odyssey, but on CR-V make sure your odo is showing your mileage, no the trip. Insert your keys into ignition, but don't turn it on yet. Hold down the button you use to switch the odo mileage to trip. While holding turn the key to on until the all the dash lights comes on, but don't turn the car on. Hold until the lights goes out. After that keep holding the button and turn the ignition switch off. That should do it.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:27 AM
mason rocket
my 2 cense

I bought an obd scanner for 50 bucks on ebay but before that on my 96 odysseythere was a maintenance cannon plug under the passengers dash. I think it was yellow or blue only 2 pin holes. you can rig up a simple test switch and the manuals usually give a sequence for resetting the lights that way.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:30 AM
baronets445

Default Thanks alot

Thank you for the info. I tried it and it worked. The maintenance light is out again.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:29 PM
kerpal

Originally Posted by PassportEX
Don't know if its the same with Odyssey, but on CR-V make sure your odo is showing your mileage, no the trip. Insert your keys into ignition truck part, but don't turn it on yet. Hold down the button you use to switch the odo mileage to trip. While holding turn the key to on until the all the dash lights comes on, but don't turn the car on. Hold until the lights goes out. After that keep holding the button and turn the ignition switch off. That should do it.

I've done that already.. It really works...