Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

Avoid Acura Of Brooklyn

Old 05-29-2007, 07:28 AM
bortkevb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avoid Acura Of Brooklyn

I brought my MDX 2003 - which is still under warranty - to Acura Of Brooklyn.
My LCD screen on trip computer has a nickel size black spot in a middle.
They hold me there for 2 hours and then said that they see some scratches on the screen which makes this my fault. Well, there are NO scratches there, I was with my friend and daughter and neither of us could find anything on that spot.
At the end they told me that I need to bring car once again to have Acura representative determine if this is warranty repair eligible.

I spent half of weekend accomplished nothing and now they want me to do it again. General feeling - "We are lying right to your face and you can't do nothing about it"- not on a par with acura name. I had Infinity before and witnessed MUCH better treatment of customers there.

Also, when I came they had a person inspecting my car and he "found" 2 dings on the car. There was no dings, and they failed to show those to me.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:29 AM
wcooksey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LCD Juices

Sounds like the LCD cracked inside and the crystal "juices" leeched out. They don't call it a "LIQUID crystal display" for nothing.

I've had this happen to other LCD 'things'. Good luck with these guys.

William
03 Pilot + 07 Civic EX/Navi