Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

MDX keyless entry remote question

Old 03-07-2007, 01:36 PM
albygirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MDX keyless entry remote question

Hi guys,

I was lucky enough to get my grandma's 02 MDX for my 27th birthday since she doesn't drive anymore, and it only has 44k miles. Its practically brand new, and I love it!

I do have a question though, she had her purse stolen about a year ago so she lost both sets of keys and both remotes. She never used the remotes so she only bought 1 replacement key so thats all I have now.

I found a few places to get replacement remotes, but I wanted to check to make sure these are correct before I order:

FCC ID : E4EG8D-444H-A

CANADA : 8501021819

G8D-444H-A

( SELECT FROM: )

Memory # 1 or Memory # 2

Also what is the "memory" number for? Thanks!
Old 03-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its best to go with dealer keys.Thy change all the time and i have had no luck with aftermarket keys.It looks correct but i might not program.Or you could call the dealer get the correct part number and make shure it matches up before getting it.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:40 PM
albygirl

Thanks - I called the number for the site selling the remotes and they assured me it is the Acura factory remotes they sell, nothing aftermarket. The operator also cleared up the memory question I had and explained how the memory seats work with the remotes so I ordered a #1 and a #2 remote. I'll reply back once they arrive and see if I can program them as easy was it was explained to me.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:53 PM
albygirl

Yay!

I got the remotes today. The packaging took forever to open, but I guess I'd rather have something extra padded in shipment instead of not enough padding and damaged in the mail.

The programming instructions were easy, except after you turn the key you have to listen for a very quiet click that is like 1-2 seconds after the key is turned. You can hear a buzzing.......so its like "bzzzzzzzzz.....click" and then you press the LOCK button. The instructions just said press it within 4 seconds.

Its hilarious that dealerships want so much for remotes and then charge extra just to program them when there are sites like this to use.

The Acura category is the first link on the left on their site if anyone is interested - https://OriginalKeyless.com
Old 03-26-2007, 01:11 AM
albygirl

"GO_excited"..........?

Risk what? I already ordered the remotes......programmed them, and saved a bunch of money. Read post # 4...
Old 04-22-2007, 11:44 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by albygirl
"GO_excited"..........?

Risk what? I already ordered the remotes......programmed them, and saved a bunch of money. Read post # 4...
Please excuse us.
GO_excited was a spammer masquerading as a contributing member.
He's been dealt with.. and will no longer be a disruption.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 06-11-2007, 04:06 PM
topside

Beware, albygirl is a scammer.

Please search google for "The packaging took forever to open", and click show related results. You'll see lots of different car sites where the same type of post is used and she then responds with the same result..."Yay! I got the remotes today. The packaging took forever to open, but I guess I'd rather have something extra padded in shipment instead of not enough padding and damaged in the mail."

I ordered a keyless entry unit for my Mazda3 and they charged my CC# but haven't shipped anything. They sent me a notice with a tracking number, saying the part has shipped, but USPS only shows they received a notification to "expect the shipment" not that it's been received.

Therefor, treat this as a scam, and DO NOT USE THE SITE MENTIONED, originalkeyless.com. To prove to you further scam behavior, try calling the number on the site. You will find 1) It's just a recording saying call volume is high and to email them instead. and 2) They use this number as a fax number as well...interesting since you cant get anything or anyone to pick up anyway.

I'll update if I ever receive my remote, but I've emailed them MANY times over the past week and never received a response. Buyer beware.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:54 PM
albygirl

Ugh...

People are always so quick to jump to conclusions, and never willing to fix their mistake when in the wrong.

Label/Receipt Number: 9121 8052 1390 7041 1218 56

Your item was delivered at 12:26 PM on June 14, 2007 in LAFAYETTE, LA 70508. The item was signed for by D MELANCON.

"Additional Details"

Label/Receipt Number: 9121 8052 1390 7041 1218 56
Detailed Results:

Delivered, June 14, 2007, 12:26 pm, LAFAYETTE, LA 70508
Arrival at Unit, June 14, 2007, 6:23 am, LAFAYETTE, LA 70508
Electronic Shipping Info Received, June 08, 2007

6 days is quite average for mail delivery...
Old 08-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

?