Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

Need some opinions on a 2005crv problem...

Old 11-14-2005, 09:28 AM
Habeeb
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some opinions on a 2005crv problem...

ok heres the rundown, this is my sisters crv, her and her her husband did an oil change about 3 weeks ago and could not get the oil filter off so they left the old oil filter on and changed the oil until they could take the jeep to a shop to have the oil changed. i guess they maybe loosened the filter and didnt kno because last night they came home and there was smoke pouring out of the hood, the oil filter loosened and oil leaked out onto the headers etc.
i emptied the oil and changed the oil filter...only about 1 quart of oil came out when i drained it. the oil light or check engine never came on and has not came on. so now the engine is makin a very loud ticking noise and wheh i open the oil cap or take the dipstick out alot of air pressure is coming out..oil is shooting with the air from the dipstick but from the oil cap its only air. did it maybe burn a lifter or oil pump or something related??
any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated sorry about the long post im trying to provide as many details as i can to better help you help me.
oh and id rather not take it to the stealership if i can avoid doing so.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:15 PM
ACURAmechanic

For future refrence most of the problems posted on this site are solved by people who work at dealerships. I will not post any helpful replies to you or anyone else who uses the word 'stealership'. Hopefully no one else will help you either.
Go hire a mechanic to fix what your sister and brother-in-law screwed up.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:30 AM
Habeeb
Banned

my remark was in no way intended to offend anyone especially the quality technicians working at dealers. i may be a little bit predjudice due to bad experiences with toyota and bmw dealerships so i apologize for using the word stealership. but the fact of the matter is they look for any reason to void your warranty even when you dont have any aftermarket accessories on your car which is the problem i had with a 2003 toyota corolla. anyway they are taking the jeep to the dealer this afternoon so well see what happens.
sorry if u mistook wat i was saying i was only looking for a way if i could diagnose this problem without shelling out huge loads of money to the dealer that will probably void their warranty for doing their own oil change and charge them to replace a whole new engine.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:42 PM
honda guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The next opinion is go post in a Jeep forum. Not sure if you read but this is for honda and acura!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Habeeb
Banned

this forum says SUV (sport utitlity vehicle) a.k.a. jeep and minivan forum and also clearly states crv as one of the models listed...so whats your point really??:slap:

Edit: i forgot to post the results... they took it to the dealership and the dealership says everything is fine. the ticking i heard is common and can be heard on other crv models as well. they even started up another crv that was at the dealer for service for them.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:28 AM
honda guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God you are really dumb. Maybe you can't read well. YHIS IS A HONDA AND ACURA FORUM ONLY> Not jeep so go find a jeep forum to post your question! Your post an i quote say "until they could take the jeep to the shop"

sounds like a jeep question to me.

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

:db: :db: :db: :db:
Old 01-02-2006, 01:45 AM
waaBAAH

it a jeep thing...you wouldnt understand
Old 01-02-2006, 09:38 AM
m735is

I think he's just calling his sisters 2005 CR-V a jeep. Is it normal for oil to spit back out the dipstick, never had that on ANY car especially Hondas. I would say the motor MAY be fine since atleast some oil came out. I would probably check atleast the camshafts for wear. Hope I'm not in the market for that 2005 CR-V when they sell it!