Notices
Meets & Events Maximize efficiency in organizing local, regional, and national events.

Will Nopi National have shows in 09?

Old 01-06-2009, 08:14 AM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Nopi National have shows in 09?

I was just browsing the web & didn't realize Nopi cancelled all shows for 2008.

I didn't hardly go to much shows in 08 because of how bad the economy was on gas etc etc.
Anyways, does anyone think they'll have shows in 09 at MIR or anywhere.
I know for the future they need to drop the price for spectators who's just watching. $40 is too much money to get in not including food,gas, and vendors.

What you fans think about that?:barf:
Old 01-06-2009, 09:28 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't hold out much hope. People cut their discretionary spending pretty deeply in a recession.
Until there's some sustained job growth, I doubt NOPI will go to the expense of hosting their shows.

Sanctioned racing will keep going, however.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 01-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoBlog
For 20 years, a mass of automotive enthusiasts has descended upon Atlanta Motor Speedway for the NOPI Nationals Motorsports Supershow. NOPI, a Georgia-based aftermarket parts and accessories dealer, built a loyal following with their Nationals Supershow, attracting upwards of 90,000 attendees each year. Through the success of their car and trucks shows the company also took on the task of running a nationwide drag race and drifting series more, but this year NOPI won't be filling Atlanta Speedway's infield for the 21st year this September, as the Nationals Motorsport Supershow has been canceled. In fact, all remaining 2008 NOPI events from car shows to drag racing and drifting, have been called off.

According to NOPI, the rationale behind the decision is due to the tough times currently being endured by the automotive industry. With vehicle sales in the dumpster, one can only image that accessory purchases are also being cut from most consumers' budgets. Compounded with the rising fuel prices and reduced event attendance, finishing out the event schedule did not make economic sense for NOPI. It is sad to hear of such a staple event forced to shutter. Hopefully NOPI can weather the storm and bring back the debauchery another season.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net