Notices

88' legend shuts off wont start

Old 09-12-2008, 09:23 AM
yaya860

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 88' legend shuts off wont start

I have a 88 acura legend that is giving me some trouble while im driving it may shut off when i get to a light or stop sign but mostly when im driving the car and then turn it off it will give me trouble starting back up. It will try to start and eventually when it does after like a minute or so black smoke that smells like gas from the muffler will start poring out for just that second and then no more... already changed main relay so what is going on...
Old 09-15-2008, 01:34 PM
acurapartsguy

It might be the electrical portion of your ignition switch. Try holding the key in the ignition to the start position just a little bit when it acts-up and see if it stays running. If so I would say its the electrical portion of the Ignition switch

Last edited by acurapartsguy; 09-15-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:01 PM
jazfe

Your engine is flooded with fuel, that's why it's smoking black when it eventually starts. The most obvious component is the fuel pressure regulator but you need a fuel pressure gauge to check it. Most people don't have that specific tool in their tool box. Ask around to all your friends and family to see who knows a good Honda mechanic in your area. A fairly cheap fix if it indeed is the pressure regulator.