Notices

Radiator hoses

Old 11-01-2007, 01:31 PM
humpsjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiator hoses

After going through an agrevating ordeal with over heating. I am curious about the pressure in the radiator hoses. Mine seem to be tight as soon as the engine reaches operating temperature. The temperature never seems to exceed normal while idling,driving, with or without air conditioner on. Under hard accelleration or normal driving. Just concerned about the pressure in hoses. The problem I had with over heating was traced to the radiator that a previous owner had put in. It came from a 90 legend. The coolant wouldn't flow for some reason or another Heating the upper portion of the radiator while leaving the bottom half cool. this was after new waterpump and thermostat. New temp sending unit, fan sensor, fan timer and fan control unit. I put in new koyo radiator and presto...... no more over heating.
Now I'm just hoping the hose pressure is not a signal for another problem.

94 legend L
Old 11-02-2007, 02:08 PM
ari_one

Did you replace the radiator cap, non-OEM caps often have been a problem on Legends. If it is not OEM my recommendation would be to swap it for an OEM cap, if it is OEM then you might want to get it pressure tested to make sure it is opening at the right pressure.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:46 PM
humpsjr

Default new cap

Yes I did....not OEM but napa 1.1 bar 16lbs