Notices

HELP! how to get new keys?

Old 03-28-2005, 03:15 PM
sxsgun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! how to get new keys?

I just bought a 2002 RL. The dealer only gave me a grey key and a keyless remote. I've since learned the grey key is a valet key. He has no other keys. I'd like to get a copy of the key (with transponder) but don't want to pay the dealer big bucks. Am I screwed?
Old 03-29-2005, 08:30 AM
umop-apisdn
Allergic to vitamin D

So, how the eff did the car get to the lot with just a valet key? It probably didn't. The dealer lost the ignition key. Make them buy you a new one.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:18 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Originally Posted by umop-apisdn
So, how the eff did the car get to the lot with just a valet key? It probably didn't. The dealer lost the ignition key. Make them buy you a new one.
I agree with this, you're going to have to go through a dealer to get a key.

duck squad member #00003
Old 05-23-2005, 03:36 PM
sonicrex
Dub L

Originally Posted by sxsgun
I just bought a 2002 RL. The dealer only gave me a grey key and a keyless remote. I've since learned the grey key is a valet key. He has no other keys. I'd like to get a copy of the key (with transponder) but don't want to pay the dealer big bucks. Am I screwed?
Your best bet would have been cornering the dealer into getting you all the keys for the car when you bought it. I would talk to your dealer and try to get what you can from them. But, yes you do have to get the keys through a dealer and they are pricey.