Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Integra & 97-01 Integra Type-R (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r-17/)
-   -   How do you get by emissions? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r/87964-how-do-you-get-by-emissions.html)

3 plus 1 08-09-2003 12:05 AM

How do you get by emissions?

For all those people with built up and/or turbo tegs - how do you manage to get by emissions. Bolt ons are one thing. But I doubt everyone tears their engine apart just for emissions once a year to turn it back to stock.

airon 08-09-2003 02:55 AM

Re: How do you get by emissions?

Originally posted by 3 plus 1
For all those people with built up and/or turbo tegs - how do you manage to get by emissions. Bolt ons are one thing. But I doubt everyone tears their engine apart just for emissions once a year to turn it back to stock.
some people do, they just plug their oil lines, put on stock headers and intake

a lot of times if you go to a ghetto place they dont care as much about visual and worry about the sniffer part

3 plus 1 08-09-2003 07:31 AM

How do people with turbo tegs pass? Or do they just pay someone off?

Kai 08-09-2003 03:30 PM

You guys have to remember you are in two different states, and CA is more anal then any of the others.

Here in VA, as long as you pass the sniffer, you're good to go. You techincally have to pass a visual, but none of the testing places know what to look for.

97teg 08-09-2003 05:14 PM

I dunno why in ca its such a big deal to pass a visual. It seems to me as long as it passes the sniffer it should be ok. Probably just more money coming in from carb numbers manufactures have to get.

txhatch 08-09-2003 05:28 PM

What county is spring in?

3 plus 1 08-10-2003 08:00 AM

Originally posted by txhatch
What county is spring in?
Spring TX. I'm not even an hour north of downtown Houston. I'm about 15mins south of the woodlands.

airon 08-10-2003 11:37 AM

Originally posted by 97teg
I dunno why in ca its such a big deal to pass a visual. It seems to me as long as it passes the sniffer it should be ok. Probably just more money coming in from carb numbers manufactures have to get.
yeah well $$$, people and our large smog problems = us with more issues

txhatch 08-10-2003 12:50 PM

Originally posted by 3 plus 1
Spring TX. I'm not even an hour north of downtown Houston. I'm about 15mins south of the woodlands.
Ok, i use to have a turbo hybrid hatch and i live in tarrant county so i had to do emissions also. For the visual test i passed, they didnt seem to care about any mods. Since my car was obd1 i had to go on the rollers. I passed everything except the o2 sensor reading. But that was because i had a test pipe and no o2 sensor. ;)

For obd2 cars like yourself you should be able to pass if you properly maintain everything.

3 plus 1 08-10-2003 03:40 PM

If you plan on turboing (just basic drag gen 3 kit) and a couple other little mods like 3" exaust and high flow cat, will that mess up the obd2 readings?