Notices

96 LS Sedan just died on me

Old 03-29-2011, 08:53 PM
ReaperOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 LS Sedan just died on me

Hey, just replaced the tranny in my integra. . . Its a 96 Ls sedan, but the motor is out of a 99(at least the block) and just put in a tranny out of a 98 last week. . . All was fine until today, heard a funny muffle sound from my exhaust and then a weird rattling sound when I pressed the gas. . . car still drove fine as the sound was only there on the initial take off up to about 40mph after that you don't hear anything. Well stopped at the light and when I tried to go, the car just revved and would not go into gear. . . then it just shut off and would not start. . . when I turn the key it sounds like the starter is just spinning in place, but the car wont start. . . Any suggestions as to what the problem could be? ? ? like I said, the car ran perfect until today. . . no clue what the issue is. . .
Old 03-31-2011, 07:04 AM
Spec R

the variation between the model years here seems non related. is your car automatic? your symptom of the endless spinning starter is grim news though. anything with that is going to require you to drop the trans.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:30 PM
ReaperOne

I kinda figured the years would not really make a difference, but I was just trying to look at every option. . . Yes my car is an automatic. . . I figured I would have to take it back off, but just not sure what I would be looking for. . .