Notices

!!water in engine problem!!

Old 05-26-2003, 10:42 PM
94obd1vtec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!water in engine problem!!

I've already searched and found nothing that relates to what happened to me. All of the other posts included cars that did not start after water intake. Mine on the other hand did start but...there's a constant clanking sound coming from (what i think to be) by the pulleys of the engine. but being that the engine is running, wouldn't it be wrong to say that there is something wrong with the engine itself. so what had happened was that i ran into a huge puddle of water when i was in neutral and as i drove home the clanking continued. when i reached my house, i popped the hood to see that there was water sitting on the intake manifold, radiator fans, valve cover...etc, so can anyone tell me what could this noise possibly be or what to check for? also how to go about any further procedures such as letting sit and dry because that's what it's doing right now. thanks.
Old 05-26-2003, 11:07 PM
b00gers

you really shouldnt be turning the engine on if you sucked some water in.

what intake do you have?

take it off and see if there is water INSIDE of it or in the intake manifold.

take your spark plugs out, see if you see water.
Old 05-26-2003, 11:10 PM
b00gers

nm, i just seen you have a CAI....

i had a CAI also, and drove through a deep puddle. i was very close to hydrolocking my car. i let the car sit, took the intake off, took out the plugs and soaked up as much water as i can. then i started the car while it was at WOT, and a whole shitload of white smoke poured from the muffler. i reved it for a good 5 mins till there was no more smoke.

went home, changed the plugs and oil...now its running fine.

i didnt run into that clunking noise you ran into though.