Notices

Suspension Upgrades for DC Integra LS (1997)

Old 04-30-2003, 01:27 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Upgrades for DC Integra LS (1997)

Hi guys, got a serious issue here that I'd appreciate some input on.

My 97 LS is still running on its original shocks & springs, and I'm looking to accomplish the following.

1) Lower the car about 1.5". Any lower and the crappy roads will decimate any future bodywork (still kicking around the idea of a bodykit)

2) Dramatically reduce the amount of acceleration squat and brake dive I now have to deal with.

3) Make the car rotate better and corner flatter than it does currently.

4) Given the above, maintain a firm, but not teeth-chipping, crashy ride quality.

In the research I've done thus far, I've come upon 3 setups of varying expense. I'd like to get some input from those of you with these [or similar] setups, particularly in terms of how well they achieve the goals I've stated above.

SETUP ONE) KYB AGX Shocks w/ Skunk2 coil-over kit (550 lb/in front, 450 lb/in rear), 1 inch Progress Susp Rear Anti-Roll Bar

SETUP TWO) TEIN Super Street Coilovers w/ EDFC & Upper pillow-ball mounts. Stock Anti-Roll Bars.

SETUP THREE) Koni Yellows, Ground Control Coilovers, Prothane Urethane Bushings. Stock Anti-Roll Bars.

FYI: The car currently runs on 16 x 7", reasonably light alloy wheels (5Zigen Fighters) shod with 205/40R16 Nitto NT450 tyres. Given that my annual milage is dropping, when these wear out (in apx 2yrs) I was considering replacing them with a softer tyre along the lines of the Toyo Proxes T1-S...unless it complicates things.

Any input you guys have would be appreciated immensely. Thanks in advance.
:bigok:

Dave

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 04-30-2003, 02:22 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

I know this type of question has been asked before, but again, I would appreciate any input from those who have found a setup that works.

Thanks.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 04-30-2003, 03:34 PM
HYBRID

I have ground controls with koni reds. This setup works nice for me although i wish i had gone for the koni yellows ( which i will do this summer). The ride is smooth and corners very nice. Many people here can vouch for the Koni Yellow and Ground Control setup. May i suggest also getting a rear ITR sway bar. The sway bar and mounting kit will run you like $109.
Old 04-30-2003, 03:49 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Thank you for your response.
I do have one nagging question regarding these types of setups...

How is the coilover sleeve attached to the shock body? Does the sleeve bear down upon the shock's spring perch, or is it bolted/welded to the shock?

Thanks again

Old 04-30-2003, 05:08 PM
Taiwanze7

the GC and koni is one clean setup. Its just like the Koni "sleeve" coilover setup. GC, has a special adapter that fits directly to the C-ring on the Koni yellow shock. For others like KYB, you have the Sleeve coilover setting on the shock's perch. If you want the sleeve welded to the shock, then you'll have to purchase full coilovers... if you think about it, GC+ Koni Yellows~$850, full coilovers ~$950.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:29 PM
HYBRID

Originally posted by NorCal DC4
Thank you for your response.
I do have one nagging question regarding these types of setups...

How is the coilover sleeve attached to the shock body? Does the sleeve bear down upon the shock's spring perch, or is it bolted/welded to the shock?

Thanks again
yeah my sleeves just sit on the perches.
Old 05-01-2003, 08:09 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Hmmm... those prices are pretty darn close to the TEIN SS system too....:thinking:
Thanks for your responses.

Old 05-01-2003, 03:51 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Bump... certainly someone else can contribute something. :dunno:

Old 05-01-2003, 05:11 PM
Taiwanze7

Originally posted by NorCal DC4
Bump... certainly someone else can contribute something. :dunno:
what else do you want to know? ... most pple think GC+ Koni is the best bang for the buck if they feel uncomfortable w/ the Sleeve coilover just sitting on the shock perch
Old 05-01-2003, 05:20 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

I'd like to get some input from those of you with these [or similar] setups, particularly in terms of how well they achieve the goals I've stated...

1) Lower the car about 1.5". Any lower and the crappy roads will decimate any future bodywork (still kicking around the idea of a bodykit)

2) Dramatically reduce the amount of acceleration squat and brake dive I now have to deal with.

3) Make the car rotate better and corner flatter than it does currently.

4) Given the above, maintain a firm, but not teeth-chipping, crashy ride quality.
IF ANYONE USES THE COMPONENTS IN THE THREE SETUPS LISTED IN MY FIRST POST AND CAN DISCUSS HOW WELL THEY ACCOMPLISH THE GOALS I'VE LISTED, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY COMMENTS. REALLY, ANYTHING. THANKS