Notices

Dead 12v wire going to the stereo.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:34 PM
fly824

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead 12v wire going to the stereo.

Well before i bought the car, the stereo was stolen on of it, and the stealers basicly wrecked the harness. So i took out the harness and tried to wire the stereo the old fashion way. But after to different tries still got no response from my brand new kenwood head unit. Decided i should check the 12v wires. My results where that the constant 12v wire was fine, how ever the ignition wire was not giving me any read (yes the car was on and running). Any thoughts on how to fix the problem? btw the fuse is fine.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:08 PM
8secHonda

i wouldnt use the ignition wire bro, when i hook mine up i hook the red and yellow wires coming from ur radio to the constant hot... the radio will have power all the time yes but just remember to turn it off lol. its good if u wanna hear radio and need ur keys for smthn else.. lol just a thought bro i do this to all my radios..
Old 04-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Lynxs1981

The white with blue stripe is the constant, and the yellow with red stripe is the on/acc wire; sometimes confused with the red/yellow for the rear speaker.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:28 AM
8secHonda

I shoulda specified tht I menti the yellow n red wires wAs on pioneer decks srry...
Old 04-28-2010, 05:58 AM
ITaLiGGa

Originally Posted by 8secHonda
i wouldnt use the ignition wire bro, when i hook mine up i hook the red and yellow wires coming from ur radio to the constant hot... the radio will have power all the time yes but just remember to turn it off lol. its good if u wanna hear radio and need ur keys for smthn else.. lol just a thought bro i do this to all my radios..

these 2 wires are there for a reason, as an installer, i hate seeing guys out there doing this type of thing, this is what damages products in general!

all you need to do is add your own wire directly to the fusebox, so it can function properly with the memory presets and whatever else