Notices

40k timing belt

Old 11-28-2009, 12:37 PM
MonteC
Transmission Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 40k timing belt

Let this be a lesson to those still wanting to use a cheap belt. DONT!

Just did the timing belt 40k miles ago. Wednesday it snapped while the wife was driving it. I got lucky the first time, no bent valves. This time... not so lucky. #4 bent 3 valves. Got the head off today.

Im worried about doing a valve job on the head, the motor has 250k orginal miles. The damn thing may start blowing by the rings with a new valve job. My plan is to check the head deck to make sure its straight and to clean up all of the valves and replace the 4 valves in the #4 cylinder, and lap all of the valves in.

The two rear mounts are getting changed now that i have access to them. And i need an exhaust system. I have a cheapo header, JCV, or something, but i also need the rest of the exhaust, its just falling apart, it has holes in it everywhere.

What exhaust do you guys recommend for a 92 1.8 integra? Im looking for something around 300 bucks (no loud exhaust), the PO welded in some type of resonator where the muffler was and it actually sounds good, not loud or tinny. any suggestions?

??? The picture looks wrong but its probably a stock photo.
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...P40881462.html

Last edited by MonteC; 11-28-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Lynxs1981

Just an FYI- If you have the head off, replacing the piston rings in easy.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:41 AM
MonteC
Transmission Guy

All back together. Man parts are getting hard to find for these cars. FYI oriellys has all of the correct mounts for the 90-93 integra. I tried some other parts stores with no luck. Car runs nice and smooth and the car doesnt vibrate at idle anymore, the fire wall side mount was toast. And the header is a JVT racing, fit perfect.