Notices

Just caught two f_cks trying to jack my ride.

Old 01-29-2003, 10:38 PM
silvagsr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just caught two f_cks trying to jack my ride.

OK its 2:45Am and im waiting patiently for my download of a new cf lip for tegs and boom my alarm goes off!!! First reaction is hold up thats my alarm, and boom i look out my window at the parking lot and there is a 2001-2003 bluish grey V6 Mitsu. Eclipse and some brave mutha running from my car and into the mitsu and boom there gone... anyways next thing i do is grab my keys and boom im out the door thinking i can catch them because my complex is gated but by the time i got out there i couldnt hear them anymore so i think there in the complex somewhere. SO i check my door and some how the guy unlocked my door with-out messing up anything. So i get in and drive around looking for the same car... i found one similar car in the complex but it was 4 cyl.

So thats my alarming experience, I dont know what to do im all paranoid that they will try again.. do car theives try more than once on the same car? Well im going to look into some more security systems..

Oh and can anyone tell me how the perp unlocked my car with out messing up anything...? Im thinking a jimmy but i once had pop-o-lock employee show me how hard tegs are to jimmy.

Any ideas will be appreciated.
Old 01-30-2003, 03:55 AM
eclipse spanker

Well someone broke into my baby 2 nights ago, and the same thing happened...they got ito the car, but nothing was damaged at all..................I was given two possibilities by a few mechanics:

1. Integra doors are made out of pretty flexible material....it is possible they could have flexed the door just enough to pop the lock

2. There is any air pump that some thieves use; they slide a thin material between the door and the body, and then pump it full of air. That in combination with some sort of long skinny tool, can get your door open..............

About them striking again; I look at it like this......If you park your car in a driveway or something, they will try again if they want it that bad, but not anytime soon...they know you will be on the lookout....................If you park on the street, they will try again soon, because they will assume that you have no where else to park it, but they will also assume that you are looking for a garage or something, so they will want to strike before you get it.............Either way man, if you love your baby....keep her as far away from those bastards as you can.........
Old 01-30-2003, 04:45 AM
Skelly_GSR
RB does men

I have no respect for people like that.
Old 01-30-2003, 06:50 AM
PatrickGSR94
I'm not a n00b!

they probably stuck something in between the door and body and pulled up on the silver door unlock tab... I plan on switching to RS Integra door handle trim (no door lock tab) and relocating my power door lock switch to the center console (like BMW's ).
Old 01-30-2003, 06:57 AM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

buy a gun :thumbup: no car is fast enough

j/k
Old 01-30-2003, 07:29 AM
KAUAI KANE
91' Toyota Supra

Location: Iwakuni, Japan. And where ever the Marine Corps sends me

for integra doors it is not that hard i know because i always lock my damn keys in my car it takes me about 30 secs.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:31 AM
dubcac
I

I'd be camped out at night ready to whoop some ass. Sleep inside the car and give them a little surprise.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:38 AM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Originally posted by PatrickGSR94
they probably stuck something in between the door and body and pulled up on the silver door unlock tab... I plan on switching to RS Integra door handle trim (no door lock tab) and relocating my power door lock switch to the center console (like BMW's ).
Or if you already have keyless entry, you can just unplug the wire running to the switch (rendering the switch useless).
Old 01-30-2003, 08:55 AM
b00gers

depends how bad they want it. if your car is full of goodies, they might be back.

but knowing that the owner came out running so quickly, i wouldnt go back.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:52 AM
silvagsr

Hey ISP James I got my only gun out which happens to be a single shot 12 gauge..but as I was running out I made myself put it down , cause i dont need to be unloading a cannon off at 2:45AM like granpa willy! Every damn cop in town would have been there in minute or two! I wish I had a smaller piece at the time esp when i went looking for them... but either way im looking into some new iventive stuff for security, since I know how they got in this time.
Im sure youll understand if I dont share with everyone...

later