Notices

no thieves!

Old 06-18-2002, 08:10 PM
integragirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no thieves!

k...before HAN went away for a while there was a post about something in the door on tegs that makes them easier to steal...what is that and how do i get i removed?
Old 06-18-2002, 09:33 PM
reech-around
RIP Woong.

seeing as how integras are the #1 stolen car in america, i dont think it's working too well
Old 06-19-2002, 01:39 AM

its the power door lock tab. just remove your door panel and disconnect the wires from the switch and take the switch out. then just pop the door panels in. its not gona stop someone from stealing your car but its one less way they can get in. thats how they stole mine. goodluck
Old 06-19-2002, 08:11 AM
GSRacer
Shadetree Mechanic

The door lock tab is right, but do something cooler, buy door handles from an integra RS. They did not come with power locks, so it looks really smooth, if you have keyless entry, then you are set, if not you still have manual locks. You can get these from a junkyard or from acura. Here is a link if you want to see them in an ITR.

HTTP://www.sandmracing.com/srsbezels.html

-GSRacer
Old 06-19-2002, 09:07 AM
PatrickGSR94
I'm not a n00b!

Hmm I just thought of something, if you have power locks and keyless entry and have no switch inside or disconnect it, how are you supposed to unlock or lock the doors from the inside? Reach across every time to lock the passenger door when you get ready to drive? No way, that was the very reason I installed power locks/keyless on my old car. My car locks the doors automatically 3 seconds after starting the car, but only if both doors are closed. If one is open, the remain unlocked, so I have to lock them when I start driving (it also unlocks automatically when I turn off the car). I can see relocating the switch to somewhere else on the dash or something, but not having a switch at all? nahh I wouldn't want that.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:15 AM
GSRacer
Shadetree Mechanic

I have the same thing on my alarm, you can turn that feature off
Old 06-19-2002, 10:57 AM

Originally posted by GSRacer
I have the same thing on my alarm, you can turn that feature off
the biggest pain in the ass is the hatch. i have to turn the car off cause i cant unlock it from inside the car. but ive learned to deal with it.
Old 06-19-2002, 03:50 PM
antarius
Large Member

Be cool like me and wire that little switch to your hatch. =]
Old 06-19-2002, 04:04 PM
Weston

My alarm has that feature too, but it is still possible to lock/unlock the doors at any time; it just automatically locks them when the key is goes to the II (run/start) position and unlocks them when the key at leaves the II position (ie when key is at accessory or out). I turned that feature off, it's just too annoying. There are plenty of times when I'm start the car just before people get in; if I left that feature enabled, it would lock them out, and then I'd have to do the whole trying-to-unlock-the-door-while-someone-is-trying-to-open-it thing.

Anyways, I too want a defense against this trick... What "tab" to they use to unlock the doors? Is it the little block thing that shows if the door is locked/unlocked and you can also manually move to lock or unlock the door? How exactly do they get to it? Could I install some sort of little plate or wall to block their access to it?

As a backup, I have been thinking about putting some sort of sensor on each door that will trigger my alarm if the doors are unlocked while the alarm is active. I have a few ideas for how to go about that, but does anyone have any suggestions? I was also thinking about putting a sensor on the door handles that would be triggered if a crook so much as checks to see if my doors are locked, but I've yet to think up a feasible way to install something like that.
Old 06-20-2002, 04:52 AM
PatrickGSR94
I'm not a n00b!

Originally posted by Weston
Anyways, I too want a defense against this trick... What "tab" to they use to unlock the doors?
The little silver tab that you push up to unlock, or down to lock. Thieves can sometimes work a wire through the edge of the door and reach down and pull up on that tab, unlocking the doors.

Quick Reply: no thieves!