Notices

Help on Acura Integra Type-R Passenger Window. (NewMemb)

Old 01-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Jetyee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on Acura Integra Type-R Passenger Window. (NewMemb)

Hello, I am having problems with my passenger window. I can't seem to roll it up with the driver or passenger seat controls. There's also no humming / sound coming from the door if I try; so I'm guessing there isn't an issue with it being stuck. I do think however that the motor might have died? or something along those lines. Any Suggestions?

I've been thinking about taking the door apart / casing off or whatever. But I don't know if that's a good idea. Help?
Old 01-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Spec R

i havent done it on an integra, so i dont know for sure, but there should be a way to wire in a direct 12V source to the window motor (via the motor connector) to see if the window rolls up or down.

if nothing happens, its the window motor. if you make the window move or hear noise from the motor, its probably the switches.

i recently had this issue with my 240sx. it was the window motor.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Jetyee

Originally Posted by Spec R
i havent done it on an integra, so i dont know for sure, but there should be a way to wire in a direct 12V source to the window motor (via the motor connector) to see if the window rolls up or down.

if nothing happens, its the window motor. if you make the window move or hear noise from the motor, its probably the switches.

i recently had this issue with my 240sx. it was the window motor.
Did you have to remove the door panel? Or is there some other way?
Old 01-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Lynxs1981

It is easiest to remove the whole panel to test it.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:51 PM
Jetyee

Can you link me the schematics on the door? Or just point me in the right direction?
I look around the door and only have found 2 screws. at the top left and in the door handle thing. lol
Old 01-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Spec R

Originally Posted by Jetyee
Can you link me the schematics on the door? Or just point me in the right direction?
I look around the door and only have found 2 screws. at the top left and in the door handle thing. lol
yep the one behind the door handle opener, the one in the area where u pull the door, and the small plastic one on the front a little below the rear view mirror.

thats it.

just pull, the rest is plastic.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Jetyee

Originally Posted by Spec R
yep the one behind the door handle opener, the one in the area where u pull the door, and the small plastic one on the front a little below the rear view mirror.

thats it.

just pull, the rest is plastic.
I've done this... and then noticed that it goes like : Plastic Cover / metal / motor and window and stuff / outside door.

Sorry this is really frustrating me as I just put the plastic part back on and found it askew so i now have to take it off and put it back on.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Spec R

yep thats how you should be able to get to the motor. at least to the bolts that hold the window on.

you may or may not have to take the window (the actual glass) out to gain access to the motor. dont quote me on that though. i'll have to check when i get home. i'm at work.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:56 PM
cruzalekz

so is the motor bad?

Last edited by cruzalekz; 01-22-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:39 PM
A-series
v-card member alpha

Shouldn't have to take the glass out to access the motor. When you remove the interior door panel, keep in mind that after removing the screws, you pull on it from the bottom first (so the plastic clips disconnect) followed by the sides - there's no clips at the top, it rests in the window channel so after popping out the bottom and sides, and removing the triangular cover over the mirror mounting bolts, you lift it up out of the channel. You have to wriggle it a bit sometimes when putting it back on (top first) to get it to sit in the channel correctly.

If you don't do this you can bend that bit, that holds the panel in place at the top, but it can be bent back into shape and even reattached to the panel as long as you don't mess it up too bad.