Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Integra & 97-01 Integra Type-R (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r-17/)
-   -   My suspension is P*SSING me off advice plz (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r/313337-my-suspension-is-p-ssing-me-off-advice-plz.html)

BKKloppenborg 04-17-2008 09:01 PM

My suspension is P*SSING me off advice plz

Hey guys my car is still acting wired, with all the things on it. (Still randomly vibrates now on acceleration only.

So far done: Mounting/Balancing of tires, New front axle, along with Axle boots

I have decided to try to check them Friday. Probably buy new parts, I need some guidance to what is what and where it is..

I know Shocks/Springs.. (these are only 2 years old Koni Yellows)

Lower Control arms(Have no idea where these are is their a good brand?) Skunk2, blox, etc. (What do these do?)

CV boots- i know these are fine because the are in the axle assembly right? (Dealership did whole assembly along with axle boots)

What is difference between these 2 or are they the same?

And probably will check front/rear sway bars

Any other suspension i should check?

Provocateur 04-17-2008 10:10 PM

When did the vibration start? At what speed is it vibrating? Are you using an autozone axle or other remanufactured axle?

My bet is that the inboard joints are worn. I would suggest swapping out a set of known good axles and see if that fixes your problem.

MC-14 04-18-2008 05:02 AM

Try checking your wheel bearing and outer tie rods. They should be fairly easy and quick to check. Bad sway bar links or bushings wouldn't cause any type of vibs, but you would hear clunking sounds occationally if you turn or hit a bump.

whatinthe 04-18-2008 11:02 AM

Check ur motor mounts. With the hood open and the brakes applied, put it in gear and let out the clutch a little (engine idleing) and watch to see if the engine lifts up.

BKKloppenborg 04-18-2008 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Provocateur (Post 3872985)
When did the vibration start? At what speed is it vibrating? Are you using an autozone axle or other remanufactured axle?

My bet is that the inboard joints are worn. I would suggest swapping out a set of known good axles and see if that fixes your problem.

as soon as Tipton Honda dealership fucked i mean (Fixed) or so they say the damn axles and axle boots.

I knowing dealerships they used Re manufactured axles.

Now it does it at lower speed. idle-around 40?

Provocateur 04-18-2008 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by BKKloppenborg (Post 3873650)
as soon as Tipton Honda dealership fucked i mean (Fixed) or so they say the damn axles and axle boots.

I knowing dealerships they used Re manufactured axles.

Now it does it at lower speed. idle-around 40?

Have you taken the car back and made them aware of this problem?

The problem is the axles, so start there.

BKKloppenborg 04-18-2008 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Provocateur (Post 3873774)
Have you taken the car back and made them aware of this problem?

The problem is the axles, so start there.

i did take it back and they said it was fine go figure. Is their a good brand of axles that you suggest? Brand etc?

Lynxs1981 04-19-2008 10:34 AM

Get your tires checked too. Could be a separated tire.