Notices

Stolen White 4dr, SF Bay Area [Recovered]

Old 12-23-2007, 09:39 PM
ade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen White 4dr, SF Bay Area [Recovered]

It's a 1998, white, 4-door integra GSR in the East Bay at El Cerrito Plaza Bart. Stolen in the daytime and it even had an alarm on it! Please let me know if you see it. Thanks!
Old 12-24-2007, 05:17 AM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

Unfotunately you need more than just alarms these days. Sorry to hear man, if you have any pics post them up so we know what to look for, even your license plate # would help (doesn't really matter since it's stolen anyway).
Old 12-24-2007, 09:44 AM
ade

Thanks, I appreciate that. Here's some more info: eibach pro kit springs (lowered but not all the way), stock spoiler, no body kit or lip so it looks pretty much stock.

And if someone is from this area, please keep an eye out for a sudden influx of gsr parts. Also to reiterate old advice, if you have an Integra (and Honda Civic for that matter) please do more than just get a car alarm. If the only way they can steal your car is by towing it then you know you've got a good system. You might even invest in Lojack if you're concerned about that.

Last edited by ade; 12-24-2007 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Sucks that there are scumbags out there that do this kind of shit.

Good luck finding it. Pictures would really help.

I will sticky this for you. Keep us updated.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:09 PM
ade

GOOD NEWS! They found my brother's car (Integra belonged to him)! It was about three blocks from the police station too! There wasn't any damage, and no engine parts were stolen. All they took was his ipod, the key to his lug nuts, and some change. But they did take his HID ballast. Our guess is that they didn't have any tools when they got it. We believe they got into the car (skeleton key), popped the hood, then pulled the siren wire. Then they drove it to some other location to hopefully take more stuff. When the cops found it, there was a club on the steering wheel (not my brother's btw), I guess to prevent other thieves from stealing it so that the first thieves can go back and grab engine parts! Isn't that fucking ridiculous? And the battery was dead when they found it since the alarm was continuously going off (without the siren).

All I can say is, my brother got off really lucky this time because it could have been a lot worse. My advice to everyone else is add more layers of security to your car NOW! Make it a New Year's resolution. 1) Get a car alarm. 2)Tape up your siren wires. 3) Relocate your hood release cable to route through the engine bay. 4) Install a fuel cutoff switch and hide it well. 5) Buy an AutoLok that locks the brakes. 6) Park in well lit, public areas if possible. 7) If your car is worth it, invest in Lojack.

A thieve's worst enemy is time, so the more layers you can add the better off your car is. Hopefully we can spread the word and help prevent more thefts in the future. That's my two cents and I hope you all have a wonderful New Year's!
Old 12-29-2007, 05:19 AM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

Glad the car's ok. He did get off lucky as so did i when mine was stolen. Lojack is highly recommened if you can afford it. My car was recovered when it was stolen because of it.