Notices

Shmoo's GSR Engine Build: Operation 400whp not 56k friendly

Old 04-30-2008, 07:13 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Figured i'd check out this thread coz i havne't seen it in a while.

Just remember, it's the shitty times & all the hard work & detication that make the good times so great. You will eventually get the car where you want it, and at that point, you will finally feel that it was all worth it.

Keep plugin away! & Good Luck!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:15 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Thanks for the support Tony. Your build looks pretty sick. You are definitely dedicated to what you do. :thumbup:

I spend too much time fussing around with the setup, so I am going to take a break from all that and just enjoy it. Until I finish school, I am not going to have enough money to finish this project so I'll work with what I have. With ~350 whp at 15 psi, it is a handful at the track and more than enough on the street, so I am happy with the current power level. Any internal mods would be to freshen the motor up a bit and strengthen it for the current power level.

I have plenty of maintenance things to do in order to keep me busy, so I don't need to be adding more stuff until I fix what I have now. I need a new rear main seal, throwout & pilot bearing, new clutch, steering rack boots, suspension bushings, etc. I think for 169k, it is holding up pretty well, though.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:55 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by Provocateur
Thanks for the support Tony. Your build looks pretty sick. You are definitely dedicated to what you do. :thumbup:

I spend too much time fussing around with the setup, so I am going to take a break from all that and just enjoy it. Until I finish school, I am not going to have enough money to finish this project so I'll work with what I have. With ~350 whp at 15 psi, it is a handful at the track and more than enough on the street, so I am happy with the current power level. Any internal mods would be to freshen the motor up a bit and strengthen it for the current power level.

I have plenty of maintenance things to do in order to keep me busy, so I don't need to be adding more stuff until I fix what I have now. I need a new rear main seal, throwout & pilot bearing, new clutch, steering rack boots, suspension bushings, etc. I think for 169k, it is holding up pretty well, though.
Completly understood man. Sometimes you just have to step back & take care of whats really important in the long run first. Usually helps to keep focused and not get burned out anyways. Best of luck with everything man. Either way, your still boosted & still havin a good time with it every time u drive!
Old 04-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Spec R

yeah good to see that the car is still intact and the project not aborted...

on another note, i sold the evo today, so its nice to not have a car payment. maybe another honda project in the works...
Old 05-16-2008, 05:19 PM
WiseGuyOnCouch
Live, Die, & Drive Fast!

i'm sad to hear that the project has been haulted, but that's life. Money is an evil bastered that gets the best of you at all times. I finally won my battle for a turbo gsr(freshly rebuilt stock motor as well). All I lack is a good tune on about 8psi(currently running 6psi) or another tear down with low compression pistons going in then a sick tune lol! But once again those green pieces of paper containing dead white guys pictures with messed up hair-doo's is holding me up just like you. Keep it going though cuz i have a similar project starting in my garage and i need a good place to take notes lol