Notices

94 Teg not getting power to fuel pump

Old 05-17-2007, 07:30 PM
bbrcracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i cant read that...i wish i could...but thanks very much. I just replaced the crank pos. sensors in the dist. so its not that. I got it ....VOODOO curse has been placed on my ride....oh well.....im baffled.
Billy
Old 05-17-2007, 07:45 PM
bnuk

DL the pics. i didn't realize it at the time but they got exported mega huge, which is why they would upload to HAN.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:00 PM
gsrsol
slow and low

check your grounds and your battery to make sure they are good. you might try to put a ground from your battery to your block, i had a similar problem with my civic and that is what fixed it.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:10 PM
bbrcracer

i installed a ground from battery to thermo and valve cover to chassis. new battery neg. I also completely disconnected my alarm.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:28 PM
bbrcracer

i also just checked all my ecu grounds with a conitunuity checker and they were all good.....i hope its not time to keep the radiator cap and change the rest!!!
Old 05-18-2007, 05:37 PM
m735is

Maybe I missed this, but you said you jumped the wires to the pump and you have power to the pump. Can you hear the pump working when you apply voltage?
Old 05-18-2007, 11:35 PM
bbrcracer

only when i jump the constant hot to the pump does it comes on and is hummming nicely. pump is good. I also checked per honda-tech the pgm main relays and the aftermarket one was bad...but not he problem. ....im down to replacing the dist. and/or ignition switch....i think?????...lol...im delerious of it at this point...sucks to cause i love the car...

Last edited by bbrcracer; 05-18-2007 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:46 AM
m735is

When you turn the key to run and you're checking the plug going to the fuel pump, do you get voltage to that point? Can you see the two second prime voltage change on the meter?

If you do, then there's a problem with the wiring/connections from that point back to the pump.
If you don't, then there's something wrong ahead of that point. You'll have to trace it back up and see where the problem starts.
I know this is "obvious" advice, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

I know that you jumped new wires to the fuel pump and you say they are good. Have you tried jumping them so that the pump is on and then tried starting the car? Or does it start using starting fluid?

Why are you thinking the distributor? I ask because I'm doing the same tests on my 90 that has been sitting for three years. I think in my case the fuel pump is just gummed up and wont run.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:18 PM
gsrsol
slow and low

sorry about the bad info on the grounds. mine was not coming on when i turned the key on and the starter wouldn't turn either. thats why i messed with the grounds on mine. i had never seen a problem with ground on the engine stop the fuel pump from coming on before that though.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:57 PM
bbrcracer

its all good.....if someone told me to reinstall the passenger front seat to fix my problem....id do it!!!....Bnuk hookd me up with a flow chart that i am going to drill down later today. if i cant get it fixed by monday ....to Acura it will go, and to the store for vasiline i will go! Billy