Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Integra & 97-01 Integra Type-R (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r-17/)
-   -   integra cruise control not working (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r/262905-integra-cruise-control-not-working.html)

kenny7231 02-11-2007 07:31 AM

integra cruise control not working

well i was on the interstate crusing at 70 i pressed the button for the crusie control and it never engaged it was working before... can ne one tell me what might be causing this problem?

Brar 02-11-2007 10:47 AM

year of the car? does the light that turns on when you first turn cruise control come on?

I'd say the cruise control module :o

kenny7231 02-11-2007 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Brar (Post 3366450)
year of the car? does the light that turns on when you first turn cruise control come on?

I'd say the cruise control module :o

its a 1994 gsr.. the button light turns on but No green light for the cruise control...

bnuk 02-12-2007 04:19 AM

make sure your brake and clutch are coming back as far as they can, those switches are very sensitive. maybe try pulling on them with your left foot as you try to activate the cruise.

ADRONICUS 02-12-2007 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by bnuk (Post 3367659)
make sure your brake and clutch are coming back as far as they can, those switches are very sensitive. maybe try pulling on them with your left foot as you try to activate the cruise.

Maybe, but the pressure thresh hold is pretty adequate for engagement. I would say it is most likely a fuse, a relay, both or the unit CC unit itself.

kenny7231 02-12-2007 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by centerforce99 (Post 3367696)
Maybe, but the pressure thresh hold is pretty adequate for engagement. I would say it is most likely a fuse, a relay, both or the unit CC unit itself.

where would the fuse and relay be? i looked in the fuse panel and didint see nothin that said cruise control

ADRONICUS 02-12-2007 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by kenny7231 (Post 3369015)
where would the fuse and relay be? i looked in the fuse panel and didint see nothin that said cruise control

Then check your relay panel under the hood.

bnuk 02-13-2007 06:55 AM

There isn't a specific fuse for your cruise control, and I can tell you right now that isn't the problem; if a fuse was blown you would be having a number of other problems. Also there aren't any external relays for the cruise control.

Cruise control is dependant on so many things it can be difficult to diagnose. Some of the things it could be are the brake switch, clutch/neutral switch, cable reel, or the unit itself (underdash unit, not the one in the engine bay). If you are serious about figuing this out I can send you the relevent pages from the FSM.

ADRONICUS 02-13-2007 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by bnuk (Post 3369595)
There isn't a specific fuse for your cruise control, and I can tell you right now that isn't the problem; if a fuse was blown you would be having a number of other problems. Also there aren't any external relays for the cruise control.

Cruise control is dependant on so many things it can be difficult to diagnose. Some of the things it could be are the brake switch, clutch/neutral switch, cable reel, or the unit itself (underdash unit, not the one in the engine bay). If you are serious about figuing this out I can send you the relevent pages from the FSM.

I've never had a problem w/the cc. So this is where I would start if I had a problem, but then most likely gain your knowledge after I realize those things are not available.

kenny7231 02-13-2007 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by bnuk (Post 3369595)

yeh that would help thanks